We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice in November with small children???

Michigan
3 posts
Save Topic
Nice in November with small children???

I am wondering if Nice would be a good place for us to visit this November. Our group consists of 4 adults and 6 kids (ages 4-7). The base camp for our trip will be Frankfurt, but we are looking for a 3-5 day side trip. We thought the Nice/Cannes area might be a fun place to visit. Will it be warm enough to enjoy the beach in late November? How difficult is it to get to Nice from Frankfurt? Is there enough to see/do to keep 6 young children happy?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice in November with small children???

Last November was wonderfully warm and people were sunbathing/swimming in Nice for the whole month and well into December. However, it was very strange to (a) see people swimming/sunbathing while (b) people were walking past the sunbathers in winter coats and, in some instances, gloves and scarves!

We spent one day in Cannes during the Film Festival this year and it was enough, whereas Nice never ceases to surprise me. However if you want a sandy beach in November then Nice is not for you since it is all "pebbles" or large stones as is more appropriate.

Can't comment on keeping the children happy or travel from Frankfurt but the weather will certainly be more temperate than Frankfut at that time of year!

Bon voyage.

Lille, France
Level Contributor
65 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice in November with small children???

Hi there,

Last November have been exceptionally warm. I don't think it gonna happen any more before a long time. Weather is currently very fine in Nice with just enough heat to go swimming (to my opinion) for the last time. Of course, it's absolutely perfect to visit the city.

Late November is usually the most rainy period of the year. To my humble opinion, this is the less interesting period to visit Nice.

You have to know that Nice is a different city in summer (crawded, dynamic, touristic) and in winter (quite, relaxing).

3. Re: Nice in November with small children???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 05:24
Get answers to your questions about Nice