We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice - Four Point Sheraton? Things to do?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
70 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Nice - Four Point Sheraton? Things to do?

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend have booked a trip away to Nice for early June. We found many hotels but all seemed to have mixed reviews, along with the one we have booked, the Sheraton.

Could anyone give me their thoughts on staying in the sheraton?

Also, what things could we do in Nice? much to see? and what are the beaches like?

Also, would I be right in assuming the weather will be hot in June like most other Mediterranean places?

Any help much appreciated, thanks.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
70 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice - Four Point Sheraton? Things to do?

Also, is there any day trips away, maybe into Italy?

and can you get to Monte Carlo easy and is there much to do in Monte Carlo?

merseyside
Destination Expert
for Kalymnos
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice - Four Point Sheraton? Things to do?

Hi.

The Sheraton Hotel is not really near to the centre of Nice or the Old Town, quite a walk really. The Old Town is the place to go.

Yes it will be hot in June.

The beach at Nice is large pebbles. Areas of the beach are fenced off and you pay to go on these, but you get a sunlounger and parasol, showers and waiter service at a cost. Still pebbles but with decking to walk on!

Villefranche beach is sandy and calmer.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,251 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice - Four Point Sheraton? Things to do?

There are plenty of decent hotels in Nice, cheaper and more central than the Sheraton. You don't need to pay Sheraton prices for reasonable accommodation.

Depends on your interests what there is to do. Hundreds, and I do mean hundreds of decent restaurants and cafes, from 10 to 200 euros for three courses. Typical price for a good evening meal 15 to 20 euros. Great architecture, plenty of shops, museums and galleries. I just like wandering around and sitting in the sun.

Plenty of interesting places nearby, such as Villefranche, Cap Ferrat, Antibes, Eze, Monaco, all accessible for one euro on the bus. Some of the world's best scenery along the coast.

Decent baech at Villefranche, 15 mins on the bus. Even better at Antibes.

To my mind there is nothing of interest on the Italian side of the border unless you travel quite a way.

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice - Four Point Sheraton? Things to do?

As they have already booked the Sharaton it's not particularly helpful to them to be told that it was a mistake!

OK, so it's not the most central hotel but it's not bad for beach bars and in June the walk back to the hotel at night will be a pleasant one.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,251 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice - Four Point Sheraton? Things to do?

Bookings can be cancelled!

merseyside
Destination Expert
for Kalymnos
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice - Four Point Sheraton? Things to do?

The walk back at night would be a very long one too...

I would cancel now and get something nearer!

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice - Four Point Sheraton? Things to do?

OK, so if you don't stand to lose any money then yes, I would cancel and move nearer the tourist area but if you'll lose money by doing this then I think, in June, it's not so bad to walk the 1.5km-ish home at night along the Prom. It's nice and it's safe.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
70 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice - Four Point Sheraton? Things to do?

thanks for the replies. Well the idea behind booking the hotel was because its near a beach.

Not really interested in the museums and galleries but wouldn't mind having a dodge into town a couple of days to do some shopping.

but the plan was to use the hotel pool and maybe the beaches because we wanted to use this trip as a sort of sun holiday, so the location towards the museums isn't really a big deal.

Is the hotel actually nice inside? if anyone has been.

And is it good for the beaches and just for somewhere to relax?

Thanks.

UK
Level Contributor
3,270 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nice - Four Point Sheraton? Things to do?

The Sheraton Four Points is really not that far from the Vielle Ville!

I always stay at the Citadines Nice Promenade when in the city which is just behind the Sheraton. It is an easy 15 - 20 minute walk away from the Cours Saleya and the Old Town along the Promenade des Anglais.

In fact, a lovely walk back after a delicious meal in one of my favourite restaurants with beautiful sea views and lots of people watching!

UK
Level Contributor
3,270 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nice - Four Point Sheraton? Things to do?

Oh, and the Sheraton is just across the road from the beach.

The beach is not sandy but covered in large pebbles so either invest in a cheap beach mat or think of going to one of the many private beach areas where you can rent a sun lounger.