We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport !!

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Staffordshire
Level Contributor
165 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Public transport !!

Hi everyone,on our first visit to Nice we are staying at the hotel Villa Victoria which is on BLVD Victor Hugo,some reviewers have said that the hotel is about a 20 Minuit walk to the old town area.What public transport could we use to and from our hotel to the old town.Thanks Al.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport !!

I'd put that more at 10 minutes than twenty, and walking through Place Massena is a pleasure, not a chore. I think you'll find the experience of waiting for an mounting a crowded bus for such a short journey more of a chore. You could get the tram about two stops from Jean Medecin to to Bd Jean Jaures but its a fairly trivial distance

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport !!

Victor Hugo to the old town is no more than a 10-15 min walk so no need to think about public transport. There are a number of restaurants locally and around Ave Jean Medecin to enjoy at night if you want to avoid the tourist traps of the Old Town. But feel safe walking around from your hotel to the Old Town to the Prom des Ang, to the port area, it really is not a problem and it's all within 30 mins of your hotel.

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
165 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport !!

Thanks for the info,I should have stated in my question that because of a problem I have with my leg I try to avoid walking excessively.Many thanks Al.

4. Re: Public transport !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 06:25