We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tram or bus to Monaco for race

South Carolina
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
tram or bus to Monaco for race

My daughter and I will be staying in Nice and traveling to and from Monaco for the Grand Prix. Which is the best form of transportation to take each day the bus or the train? If we chose to take the train, would we be wise to purchase the tickets in advance over the internet or wait until we get there. Concerned that train seats will be limited and have to arrive at the station extra early to purchase tickets and have to wait a long time before boarding. Any advice anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

By the way-checked into the helicopter...can't quite afford 400 euros round trip per person!

breezy

Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: tram or bus to Monaco for race

I'd probably go by train during the Grand Prix rather than the bus.

The bus will be packed, it will be delayed because of the extra traffic, you'll probably have to stand, unless you're really aggressive and get on first. It'll be hot and uncomfortable for 1 hour.

The train will also be packed, but there's less likelihood of delays. If you have to stand, which is likely, at least it will only be for 20 minutes. Last time we went to the station during Grand Prix, there were lots of guards helping people out, and I think they even had special areas for people with Grand Prix tickets. Having the tickets in advance would probably save a bit of the stress, but it's no guarantee you'll get a seat.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tram or bus to Monaco for race

do not take bus

TAKE THE TRAIN like everybody ::)) be in advance, it's the rush

3. Re: tram or bus to Monaco for race

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 17:21