We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

self catering accomodation for family of 4 13/8 - 19/8

manchester
Level Contributor
161 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
self catering accomodation for family of 4 13/8 - 19/8

i have booked citea nice magnan as it is aparthotel but am now having regrets due to bad reviews on Trip Advisor.

It is 690 euros for 6 nights which is supposed to be really good for Nice. My friend reckons any really good accommodation in Nice is very expensive.

Does anyone have any recommendations

Valbonne, France
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: self catering accomodation for family of 4 13/8 - 19/8

Yes Nice accommodation is generally expensive.

Consider renting a holiday apartment that is somebody's holiday home.

try a number of websites that advertise them.

use the search terms:

holiday rentals cote d'azur

and

owners direct

and

see if you can find something more appropriate that way.

Bon chance!

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: self catering accomodation for family of 4 13/8 - 19/8

Apart from the bad reviews, this building is in Avenue Californie which is at least 2km from the centre of Nice and the old town. Admittedly, the walk along the Promenade des Anglais is a pleasant one but you might find walking 4km each day just to get to the hub of things is a bit of a waste of time. Buses are, of course, frequent but I'd seriously consider something closer to the old town.

Try www.holiday-rentals.co.uk or www.nicepebbles.com (although the latter might be too expensive for you if you have a tight budget).

Good luck.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: self catering accomodation for family of 4 13/8 - 19/8

Does anyone have any other websites? I've been through the ones mentioned and I'm having trouble getting availability.

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: self catering accomodation for family of 4 13/8 - 19/8

Try:

www.holidaylettings.co.uk

www.primaryrentals.com

www.holidaylets.net

www.homelidays.com

Good luck

Jakarta
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: self catering accomodation for family of 4 13/8 - 19/8

Try arbitel.com

vrbo.com

vacationrentals.com

accomodix.com

craigslist.com

It might be quite late now for renting any vacation rental but u cud always try... Bonne chance!

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: self catering accomodation for family of 4 13/8 - 19/8

Thanks for the suggestions, we've managed to get an apartment through http://www.riviera-rentals.com

They've been really helpful, Globespan cancelled our flight home and offered us a flight the day after we should have flown home. Riviera were great and gave us a extra night in the apartment for free!

7. Re: self catering accomodation for family of 4 13/8 - 19/8

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 19:16