We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sundays and Mondays

UK
11 posts
Save Topic
Sundays and Mondays

I plan to visit Nice for 5 days, Friday to Wednesday. I would like to visit Monaco, Antibes, Cannes, Grasse, St-Paul-de-Vence, Eze and St Tropez, seeing as much as possible in each location. I will be using public transport. Bearing in mind some shops, restaurants and galleries are closed on Sundays and others on Mondays, which locations should I visit on which days to make sure I don't arrive when most places are closed?

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sundays and Mondays

So, you want to see 8 venues on the CdA in 5 days??? Are you mad? There is no way you can do St.Top. on this by visit the route is tortouus and you could be elsewhere!

If you were from US then OK a frenzied visit but from UK .... on Easyet .,, mon dieu we watch you fly in around the Baie des Anges several times a day!!

If it really is a 1st time then U'd go for Nice generally, get the 100 bua to Monaco and spend a day there - I love it although othes don't, Antibes is lovely G.but Cannes is sooooooooooooo disappointing. We were there once during the CFF but it was sooo unappealing and then we went into the town centre and that was even more unappealing.

Without the CFF this place would have absolutely nothinG.

I wil psst about other sites later.

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sundays and Mondays

Hi there,

Your itinerary is fairly full for just 5 days, since you probably want to allow time to explore Nice itself.

I personally like Cannes, and think it is worth a visit. Going during the Film Festival gives no idea of the real Cannes.

Would suggest visiting Antibes and Cannes one day. A Sunday visit is fine here as the markets are open in the mornings, but if you are wanting to go shopping too, I would do this visit on Saturday or Tuesday.

Monaco can be visited any day unless you want to shop there in which case avoid Sunday.It can also be combined with a visit to Eze village, but again avoid Sunday if you plan this combination because of transport.

I too would suggest omitting St Tropez from unless you want to lose a whole day.

I would also not bother going to Grasse as you will see perfume factories in Eze. Grasse itself is not particularly attractive and a long way to go from Nice.

UK
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sundays and Mondays

Thank you both for such helpful advice.

4. Re: Sundays and Mondays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 05:29