We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rothschild villa

weston-super-mare...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rothschild villa

We would like to visit, how do we get there from Nice centre by public transport?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rothschild villa

The 81 bus from Nice Gare Routiere, stops opposite the St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat Tourist Kiosk, Bvd Denis Semeria. The Rothchild Villa access road to the entrance is clearly signposted within a few dozen yads. Normally the bus runs Monday to Saturday only, one or two an hour, cost one euro. I recall the entrance to the villa being about eight euro.

Cheers

London, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rothschild villa

Yads?

Metres, of course

Lake Wylie, South...
Level Contributor
140 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rothschild villa

I hate to dispute NiceLife, but I think his information implying there is no Sunday service on Route 81 is out of date. See this site for the Sunday schedule:

<http://www.lignedazur.com/horaires_ligne/index.asp?rub_code=6&thm_id=538&gpl_id=0&lign_id=1053&sens=1&date=27%2F07%2F2008&submit1=OK>

And I understand the name of the stop at the gate of the villa is "Passable".

I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong, as I am planning a Sunday visit to Villa Eprussi in September myself.

NavyGoat

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rothschild villa

I don't think the 81 runs on a Sunday other than July and August but I could be wrong. I think on a Sunday you will need to take the 100 and walk!

London, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rothschild villa

Give us a break guys? Depute-Maire of Nice Christian Estrosi announced a raft of "enhancements" to Lignes d'Azur services a few weeks ago. Among them was improvements in the "frequentation" of a number of services which if I recall right included the 81 - possibly an extension to Sundays though I confess I didn't note the starting date. The previous mayor Jaques Peyrat was enormously fond of announcing transport improvements - many of which never happened or happened long after they were announced. I am afraid I don't trust municipal politicians until I see the damn thing actually running.

Personally I take the 100 to Pont St Jean and enjoy the walk, seven days a week, but the man did ask specifically for the bus to Ephrussi. You are quite right the stop is called "Passable" but since that is a reference to the beach I actually think its not altogether helpful - since most tourists want Ephrussi and the French drive to the beach I cannot for the life of me understand why they call the stop Passable.

Anyway, its getting late. Cheers everybody!

6. Re: Rothschild villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Nice