our upcoming vacation starts in Nice on September 5, and we arrive from the airport at 8:00am. likely we won't be allowed to check-in to the hotel that early, so i'm thinking of shaking off the jet-lag by laying/napping on the beach. so a few practical questions in this regard:
1. is it better to head for Villfranche for a quieter sandier beach to lay on? or should we tough it out in Nice?
2. should we go public or private beach?
3. is the expense of a private beach worth it? how much are the amenities - chairs, parasols, towels?
4. can we rent these things and keep them there the whole day, coming and going as we wish? i wouldn't want to waste the whole day lounging.
5. can anyone recommend a private beach that is the best value/experience for the money?
6. can anyone recommend the best public beach?
7. what does one do for safeguarding things like wallets, passports and cellphones? presumably, these shouldn't be left on the beach when we're in the water.
any other practical information on beaches in Nice (or Villefranche or Antibes) would be greatly appreciated!