We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apartment location

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
courtenay
Level Contributor
19 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
apartment location

I am looking at renting an apartment in Nice for two months next summer and the ones I am considering are in the Vieille Ville area and the other near Rue Pastorelli also in that general location. Is this a good location for a family with two teen girls?

Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: apartment location

You should be fine in the rue pastorelli area. There's a good mix of office workers, residents and a few small hotels. It's quite quiet in the evenings and at weekends, not on the usual tourist beaten path, but everything is within about 10 mins walk.

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: apartment location

Vieux Nice may be too noisy in the summer and too clogged with tourists so I'd go for Pastorelli. However, if you're there at the height of the summer then make sure you have air conditioning or at least very good fans.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: apartment location

In Vieux Nice you are at risk of people under your window at two in the morning having a good time, when you want to sleep. As I live in rue Pastorelli, I can assure you, it is PERFECT.

4. Re: apartment location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 23:19