We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mini Bars in Holiday Inn - Strange question but pls read on.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mini Bars in Holiday Inn - Strange question but pls read on.

After doing a lot of research on hotel for the trip I have decided that with a baby in tow we might be better to go for one of the hotel chains so we will know what to expect. So I have been looking at Malmaison, Best Western, Mercure etc etc

First choice was Malmaison but its unavailable so I am now looking at booking the Holiday Inn on Victor Hugo and my question basically revolves around the mini bar in the room. We will need to keep baby formula refrigerated during our stay and I was wondering if the mini bar is a proper electronic mini bar or if it is a small fridge where you can store your own things as well as their stuff.

I have mailed the hotel but have received no reply as of yet. I realise that this is quite a strange question but I'd be really appreciative if anyone can help me out.

Thanks again.

French Riviera Day Trip from Nice
121 reviews
from US$103.20*
Special Offer
Monaco and Eze Small-Group Day Trip...
629 reviews
from US$97.40*
US$108.20
French Riviera Small Group Day Trip...
401 reviews
from US$131.80*
Special Offer
Provence Countryside Small Group Day...
451 reviews
from US$97.40*
US$108.20
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,217 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mini Bars in Holiday Inn - Strange question but pls read on.

Can't help, but I don't think it is a strange question at all. Hopefully hotel will respond .

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mini Bars in Holiday Inn - Strange question but pls read on.

Probably one and the same thing - most mini bars are just small fridges.

We usually just empty the mini bar into a wardrobe and cool our stuff in it replacing the original contents when we leave.

Be careful with this approach though as somtimes the mini bars are pressure sensitive and automatically bill you when you remove an item.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,217 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mini Bars in Holiday Inn - Strange question but pls read on.

I am not sure they are one and the same thing, I have seen minifridges that are fitted inside with racks that are filled ,, and you can remove an item but you can't put it back , so you cannot remove the stuff and put your own stuff in.

Most mini bars that I have seen in France were not like this, in fact, I do not recall ever seeing one like that there.

I seriously doubt any hotel would penelize you for using the fridge for baby formula though.

This July in Paris the fridge in our roon did not work, and I had purchased a bunch of yogurts and drinks for my 12 yr .. so the hotel let us keep our stuff in the little fridge just off the lobby in the breakfast area,, which I thought was decent enough of them, plus we could assess it when we wanted it.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,737 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mini Bars in Holiday Inn - Strange question but pls read on.

It's been over 20 years since we needed a baby

bottle in Europe but the hotels we stayed in

always allowed us to put a bottle in the

restaurant/breakfast room fridge as well as

a freezer pack to refreeze.

Rob

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mini Bars in Holiday Inn - Strange question but pls read on.

Thanks. They replied and said that they will just empty the mini bar so we can use it.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,866 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mini Bars in Holiday Inn - Strange question but pls read on.

You can always ask the front desk to empty the fridge(electronic or regular) for you so there will no misunderstanding when you check out. I do that all the time.

7. Re: Mini Bars in Holiday Inn - Strange question but pls read on.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 04:17