We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Team building events in Nice in Feb

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
reading
14 posts
Save Topic
Team building events in Nice in Feb

Hi,

I'm thinking about planning a business meeting in Nice in Feb 09. The attendees with be a group of middle aged business men. They are competitive and like things such as paint balling, go-carting, ten pin bowling, clay pigeon shooting. Is there anything like that or similar in Nice? Thanks.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,144 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Team building events in Nice in Feb

There is a bowling alley in the Nice Conference complex, which is about the closest thing in your list of activities that I am aware of. Or you could take them to the hippodrome in Cagnes sur Mer - the strange chariot-horse-racing version here in France - and see who can win the most or lose the least money? Just an idea. It's not really paintballing country here. (That said, no doubt someone will pop up and inform us otherwise!)

Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Team building events in Nice in Feb

There is go-karting in the area, I can't remember where. Will try to find out.

You may find it cheaper to do it in March, since traditionally that's slightly cheaper, as long as Easter is late.

There are conference organizers around too. Several years ago, when I wasn't based over here, I attended a business meeting. The organisers gave us a choice of hotels. We chose the Royal Riviera at Beaulieu/Cap Ferrat. The hotel was a good choice because it's close enough to the centre of Beaulieu for "free time", but not so close to more interesting things like Nice to tempt delegates to miss the meetings and go exploring.

They organised trips for us to Eze (including a boules match which was quite competitive), and a meal out in Cannes, and a "treasure hunt" (also competitive) with cameras. The hotel had enough meeting rooms to accomodate us all in one large group (about 40) and then to have 4 breakout sessions of 10 people.

Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Team building events in Nice in Feb

The link below should give you some ideas:

…angloinfo.com/af/94/riviera-karting-and-bow…

Not sure if it's in the list, but the go-kart circuit I was referring to is:

http://www.prestige-karting.com/

You'd need transport to get there from Nice.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,144 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Team building events in Nice in Feb

(No doubt you were a Six Sigma Master Black Belt, MC?) I see in the AngloInfo file there is also a Laser Quest in Cannes La Bocca. Capture the flag!

Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Team building events in Nice in Feb

I think the last competition I won was for reading aloud when I was a teenager at school. It's been downhill ever since.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Team building events in Nice in Feb

You could take the train des neiges [weekends only and pre-booking necessary] to casterino and do snow shoeing -maybe with a treasure hunt or orienteering aspect.

or maybe kayakking at breil sur roya

Or do a via ferrata excursion at Tende la Brigue etc etc

Via ferrata a strange sport-half climvbing/half indian jones type monkey bridgges - and no previous experience necessary or at least thats how the publicity goes - Its done all year round though having vertigo I would never do it at any point of the year

Later in the year maybe canyoning is an another option

canyonning /via ferrata guides/excursions

http://www.sklad.fr/

or

www.loisirs-explorer.com/destination-nature/

mercantour park guides for all sorts of aduneture stuff

http://www.guidescapade.com/

reading
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Team building events in Nice in Feb

Many thanks for your response. Have you bowled at the AMF Conference Complex in Nice? Could you recommend it?

NY
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Team building events in Nice in Feb

Bowling...my friends company takes them about once a month and everyone always has a great time..

http://www.adirecteffect.com/index.php

reading
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Team building events in Nice in Feb

Many thanks, we tried it a couple of weeks ago and had a great time bowling. The guys were so competitive!

10. Re: Team building events in Nice in Feb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 March 2009, 10:44