We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cap 3000

Ireland
Level Contributor
377 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Cap 3000

Going to Nice 1st Week od Dec.How do I get out to Cap 3000 bus or train and is it worth the visit Thanks

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cap 3000

I'd go by bus - costs one euro

TAM bus number 200 goes to Cap 3000 twice an hour

timetable here

www.cg06.fr/transport/lignes-tam/200.pdf

TAM bus 217 goes to cap3000 once an hour

www.cg06.fr/transport/lignes-tam/217.pdf

To decide whether its worth going - cap3000 website

http://www.cap3000.com/

I have been twice or maybe 3 times in 13 years of living full time in this area but then I hate shopping and shopping centres so I can't see any attraction when there are loads of other things to do.

However many of my friends go regularly and seem to enjoy it.

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cap 3000

I would echo Selkie's thoughts on Cap 3000. We have always been a little disappointed by it.

Most of the shops it houses are parts of a chain so you will find the same ones (and in most cases larger versions of them) in Nice itself.

Cap 3000 is compact and undercover and could be a good way to do some shopping if the weather's not too great, or you want to shop till late though.

I would personally do my shopping in the centre of Nice where there are malls too.

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cap 3000

If you must go in December, avoid going on a Saturday - it will be more hellish than usual!

Ireland
Level Contributor
377 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cap 3000

Thanks for all your advice. I have beenin Nice before but never ventured out to Cap.Going midweek and just in case the weather was bad Thought it might be better to do a little xmas shopping indoors and pass a couple of hours somewhere i wasnt before and with everything under the one roof.

SG
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cap 3000

Is Cap 3000 open on New Year's eve? Shorter hours perhaps?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,153 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cap 3000

You could email them to ask?

info@cap3000.com

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
731 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cap 3000

Cap 3000 has additional Sunday opening this December all day from 10am - 8pm on the 7th, 14th and 21st December.

8. Re: Cap 3000

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 17:21