We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking to Villefranche?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
585 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Walking to Villefranche?

Does anyone know how far the Promenade goes? I know the Promenade is only 4 miles in one direction, does it link to any other towns as you head towards Monaco? Is it possible to walk that to another town, such as Villefranche?

Thanks

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking to Villefranche?

Yes, it's possible to walk from the Prom to Villefranche. We did it one bright and sunny February morning last year and arrived in Villefranche in time for a wonderful al fresco lunch.

Technically the Prom stops at Le Meridien and the roads have several different names thereafter.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
585 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking to Villefranche?

Thank you! I was hoping to hear that. I am sure it will be a lovely walk. thanks again.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,216 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking to Villefranche?

By far the best way to walk to Villefranche is through the Parc du Mont Boron. For detailed directions see my post of August 23 2008, under 'Walk from Nice to Beaulieu and then?'

San Diego...
Level Contributor
585 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking to Villefranche?

Got it LondonBob, and thank you.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,204 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking to Villefranche?

Excellent instructions from LondonBob on tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187234-i138-k2204…

However, if I simply wanted to walk by the sea in that area, I'd hop on a €1 bus to just beyond Villefranche and walk around Cap Ferrat. www.beyond.fr/villages/stjeancfhike.html

In parts of this walk you get just about as far away from the madding crowd as is possible on the coast near Nice. It can be idyllic.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
585 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking to Villefranche?

Thank you for the information on the walks, looking forward to the trip. If you think of any other pretty walks you may have been on in Provence/Nice area - I'd love to hear it.

Thank you

7. Re: Walking to Villefranche?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 11:23