We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question re 7 Day Pass on Lingne D'Azur

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Question re 7 Day Pass on Lingne D'Azur

Hi from A grey Aberdeen!

Can someone please give me advice re the 7 day pass.

I bought one last year and on the way back to the airport, after 4 days, the driver said it was not valid and you have to pay EUR4, he said this to everyone and made them purchase one day travel passes, is this just a con? Just so I know this year. You can't really argue with the drivers though.

The taxi driver ripped us off as well so just be careful, we were like EUR48 from Nice airport to the Mercure Notre Dame.

Cheers

Craig

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question re 7 Day Pass on Lingne D'Azur

The 7 day passes are valid - the only problem is if they get demagnetised or bent or wet in which case you would need to buy another as they are not replaced if they stop working.

I can't see how it would be a con as he would need to give you a unvalidated ticket and i am pretty sure they are carefully matched against the money received.

here is the info

www.lignedazur.com/tarif/index.asp…

I came across some folk recently that thought they had a 7 day pass but had only a one day pass [the 7 and 1 are quite similar in shape] - but they had only paid 4 euros so there was no scam their either.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question re 7 Day Pass on Lingne D'Azur

Thanks for reply, I did have a 7 day pass for EUR15 and it was not bent, ruined etc so just didnt know what the problem was, didn't want to argue as had flight within 2 hours and who could you complain to anyway?

Cheers

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question re 7 Day Pass on Lingne D'Azur

The whole point of the 7 day pass is to allow the 2 airport trips

Could the driver have thought you'd bought or been given the ticket by someone who got off the bus? They are clamping down on this

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,313 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question re 7 Day Pass on Lingne D'Azur

It says clearly on the Ligne d'Azur website that you need a one day pass of 4euros to get on bus 98 or 99but then when you have a look at the FAQ section they say the 7days Pass should be accepted on the airport buses.

Here's what they say:

Lines 98 and 99 are special airport buses with a special price of 4 uros. However, with this ticket you may travel freely throughout the day, including the return journey.

The only season passes valid for travel on these lines are Airport employees’ passes, the 1-Day pass and 7-Day pass; in all other cases you must buy a ticket from the driver.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question re 7 Day Pass on Lingne D'Azur

Thanks for your replies, I'll see how it goes in June when I have a 7 day pass, I will refuse to pay the driver if he says I have to pay EUR4 on the airport bus service.

Cheers

Scotland
Level Contributor
201 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question re 7 Day Pass on Lingne D'Azur

If it's any help - we bought a 1-day pass today in Nice to ride the tramway from one end to the other + stops in-between, then used the same ticket for the express bus to terminal 2 - no problems whatsoever and great value. We used to get a taxi from the airport (Euro 40) todays's ticket was Euro 4 - excellent. Have a good visit

7. Re: Question re 7 Day Pass on Lingne D'Azur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2009, 07:16