We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this a good neighbourhood to stay in?

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is this a good neighbourhood to stay in?

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=38+Rue+Cl%C3%A9ment+Roassal&sll=43.703427,7.266266&sspn=0.153634,0.278435&g=Nice,+France&ie=UTF8&ll=43.702475,7.262478&spn=0.019205,0.034804&t=h&z=15

I found a nice little studio appartment to rent out on in Nice, but now Im wondering if its too far away from all the action by the water?

Do you think its suitable to stay here and soak up the Nice lifestyle, or should i look for somewhere closer to the water?

The studio looks very nice, but I just want to be reassured that Im staying close enough to the good stuff.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this a good neighbourhood to stay in?

I live very close to there - we shop at the Intermarche in that street and the asian supermarket round the corner [promo asie]

its a good area- has its own non touristy market - close to the tram stop Liberation , some good local snack places and restaurats- close to the chemin de fer de Provence train station and main station

Arlequin icecream shop nearby

15=20 minutes walk from beach or less using the tram

canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this a good neighbourhood to stay in?

Close to ice cream sounds good enough to me!

So this Nice tram.. Is it cheap to take? Does it extend out towards monaco or Eze at all? Those are the other 2 spots we were planning on hitting up once we're in Nice.

Thanks again!

canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this a good neighbourhood to stay in?

Oh and my girlfriend would like to know if its close enough to discos or places to go dancing at night? We just want to make sure were not like staying in the suburbs and can easily walk to places.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this a good neighbourhood to stay in?

The tram is cheap one euro flat fare same as all bus rides but it is how local people get from the suburbs to the centre - it isn't a tourist line. Its main use for you will be to save you fifteen minutes walk to the bus station - Gare Routiere - where you can catch the TAM bus services for Monaco and Eze.

Be sure to try Arlequin - its not your ordinary gelato. Roberto is the Picasso of ice cream.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this a good neighbourhood to stay in?

Its not the suburbs , its the centre of Nice. It will take about 20-30 minutes walk from the old town clubs depending on how fast you walk.

The tram runs till 2am though there are fewer after midnight.

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this a good neighbourhood to stay in?

If you are going to be walking 20-30 mins from Vieux Nice to this apartment then I would suggest looking for something more central - particularly if it's your first time in Nice.

Nice, France
Level Contributor
661 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is this a good neighbourhood to stay in?

I don't agree with this last post : if the OP want to 'soak up the Nice lifestyle', they're probably better off staying in Rue Roassal. It's in a pleasant neighbourhood and as previously stated, it's very convenient for both railway stations as well as Av. Jean Médecin (one of the main shopping streets), besides the more touristy areas and places of interest can easily be reached by tram.

[How long has Arlequin been open? I never realised 'Fenocchio' had such a serious contender! Wow, I must try it sometime!]

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is this a good neighbourhood to stay in?

Arelquin has been open about 3 years

9. Re: Is this a good neighbourhood to stay in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2009, 05:39