We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two queries: Nice to San Remo and San Remo to Genoa

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Two queries: Nice to San Remo and San Remo to Genoa

Hi I have two queries I'm hoping someone can help me with. I am visitng a friend in San Remo fo two nights before heading to Rome. I am flying into Nice then I planned to catch a train to San Remo. From the forums I have read I understand I take a train from Nice Gare Ville to Ventimiglia then change trains to San Remo.

I have looked on the Trenitalia website and it shows me just two trains per day from Ventimiglia to San Remo 10:58 and 18:58 on a Saturday in July. Is this correct only two trains per day?

Also, I plan to take the 11:15 (on a Monday) train from San Remo to Genoa (again is this earliest train from San Remo to Genoa as it is the earliest the Trenitalia website is showing me?) to catch a flight from Genoa airport at 15:20. The train is due to arrive in Genoa at 13:06. How can I get from Genoa train station to Genoa airport and how long will it take me? Have I left myself enough time?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,454 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two queries: Nice to San Remo and San Remo to Genoa

Trenitalia has still not posted full information past its timetable change on 12 June. The schedules will not change much, so use travel date of 12 June for your planning. Or wait a week or so until the new times are available.

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,304 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two queries: Nice to San Remo and San Remo to Genoa

There are more than 2 trains that STOP in San Remo on Saturdays. I've traveled mostly in August, September and March and usually take the train around 9AM in Nice and then take the next train stopping in San Remo around 10:30AM.

If you look closely on the timetables in the Ventimiglia train station you'll be able to make up your schedule. Gettig schedules ahead on Trenitalia is not an easy task,

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,454 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two queries: Nice to San Remo and San Remo to Genoa

>>Gettig schedules ahead on Trenitalia is not an easy task<<

It's fine, except in June and December when the new timetables come in!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,225 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Two queries: Nice to San Remo and San Remo to Genoa

Trenitalia schedules are now loaded for at least the next 60 days.

The bug which shows prices on journeys from Nice into Italy as the price from Ventimiglia not Nice (except for the two direct trains for which prices are correct) has not been fixed.

5. Re: Two queries: Nice to San Remo and San Remo to Genoa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2009, 07:41