We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport for 5 to airport, early am

oregon
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
transport for 5 to airport, early am

We have a 6 am air departure, I am guessing a taxi is our best bet. Are there cabs for 5, do we reserve the day before or more? Any certain cab company to use? Thank you for any advice. Appox cost?

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport for 5 to airport, early am

If you are staying at a hotel, check with them; most hotels will arrange airport transportation for you. They may have a connection to a limo service that can take all of you; otherwise you are probably looking at two taxis. If you are heading for DeGaulle the fare is about 55-60 euros for each taxi.

jhg

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport for 5 to airport, early am

OOPS! -I thought you were asking about Paris airport. Fare to the Nice airport would be considerably cheaper - it's close to town. I would still check with the hotel; If you are renting an apt, check with the agent

jhg

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
100 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transport for 5 to airport, early am

We just got back today from ten wonderful HOT days in Nice. We had an apartment and we were worried about our flight that was at 7 AM. Paul at Go Nice helpfully recommended that we should go around the corner to the Westminster Hotel and ask them to call us a cab. This is what we did. A cab came immediately upon their call. The cost was just under 30 euros. Everything very efficient in Nice airport.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transport for 5 to airport, early am

There are some larger taxis, at least, i've seen them around Nice and the airport but there are only 4 of us so we have never had to order one.

I do know that the taxi drivers do not all work before 7am and they strongly advise reserving early taxis the day before on 0899700878

also before 7am the fare is a bit more expensive

It might be possible to book an airport shuttle transfer but i can't recommend one as we haven't used a shuttle for years.

oregon
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transport for 5 to airport, early am

thank you all for info. Now I have something to work with. It would be a shame if the cab doesn't show up!Loved it here in Nice!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transport for 5 to airport, early am

We asked our hotel Mercure Grimaldi to book an early morning taxi the previous evening to take us (2) to the airport.It turned up just before appointed time (large Mercedes) and whisked us through the light traffic for 25 euros.Nice Airport is very comfortable with a feeling of space and calm.Sure beats Heathrow and Manchester.

7. Re: transport for 5 to airport, early am

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2009, 06:16