We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice to Monaco cruise

Ireland
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nice to Monaco cruise

The Trans Cote D'Azur cruise sounds nice, and we are planning on taking the one to Monaco. I wouldn't be the best on a boat (not bad, but not great either), so just wondering if the seas are choppy at this time of the year? Also would it be suitable for a 3 yr old ?

weston-super-mare...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice to Monaco cruise

Hi did this last year, was great. The ride is smooth

and fun and takes about 30mins (with commentary) However, the boat does drop you off and picks you up some 5 - hours later, so you have time for good visit. the boat is clean and comfortable and has inside seating . Okay for a 3 year old.

Let me know if you need more info

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,116 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice to Monaco cruise

Hi

This is a really nice voyage with fabulous views of the coast. This time of year you are very unlikely to experience heavy seas. Not that it doesn't happen - but usually in the autumn - when with sudden squalls the Med can quite suddenly look very different to the ultra blue picture postcard image. Regards 3 year olds - they are far better sailors than adults - the worst sea voyage I ever did - one hour of sheer terror - was from Rossaveal to Inishmore, Aran Islands - and my young son spent the whole time laughing.

Ed

Ireland
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice to Monaco cruise

Thanks for your replies. Helped me make up my mind, definitely going for it. Would you need to book in advance for this trip?

Ireland
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice to Monaco cruise

Where in Monaco does the boat dock? Would we make it to the Place du Palais for the changing of the guard at 11:55 ? And is it walking distance or do we use public transport?

Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice to Monaco cruise

The website suggests you'd be in time:

www.trans-cote-azur.co.uk/nice-monaco.php

weston-super-mare...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice to Monaco cruise

Hi

definitely need to book and would advise the night before not on the day. you could get the hotel to book for you, but I advise go up to the harbour and find their office. Coming from the centre about quarter of the way down, this is where it also departs. I have found the link

www.trans-cote-azur.co.uk/nice-monaco.php which put yous onto the web site. Regards dropping off you are dropped of in the harbour and although we did not get off you can walk up to the palace(it overlooks the harbour where you come in). Enjoy

7. Re: Nice to Monaco cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2010, 05:18