We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip to St. Paul De Vence

chicago
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Topic
day trip to St. Paul De Vence

Hi, Has anyone taken a day tour from Nice to St Paul De Vence,Gourdon, Grasse, and Cannes. Which one and how would you rate it.

Thanks,

Ethan1

Mentioned in this post
Grasse
Grasse
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Cannes
Cannes
Marsatis Tours
Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Factory Tours, Day Trips
Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip to St. Paul De Vence

saint paul, grasse, cannes... you can go by bus or train

bus 1 euro...

gourdon is not easy to acces by public transport

most tour companies offer this tour

tour azur

med tours

sunny days

UK
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip to St. Paul De Vence

I've taken day trip from Antibes to St Paul and it was very nice, though once you've seen one perched village covered in galleries and tourist shops, all the others are much the same. Nice if you like that sort of thing, which I do. I don't like Cannes much.

Mentioned in this post
Antibes
Antibes
Cannes
Cannes
Ostrava, Czech...
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip to St. Paul De Vence

Hi,

I was on holiday in Nice in the beginning of August this year and I took a trip by train to Cannes. I like very much both the journey alongside the coast with view of sea and Cannes itself. I was also in Monaco by bus, it was good especially great journey with very nice view on costal towns. Monaco was interesting to see as well but next time I want to repeat my trip to Cannes. For another trip I envisage to go to Menton.

Mentioned in this post
Cannes
Cannes
Monaco
Monaco
Europe
Menton
Menton
Languedoc-Roussillon...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
14,330 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trip to St. Paul De Vence

We've visited the area a number of times, always with transport; we've driven widely, and stayed at Nice and also at Tourettes sur Loup. I seem to remember bus 400 from Nice goes to St Paul. St P is pleasant, gets very busy. Had a lovely lunch at La Colombe D'Or restaurant and another reasonable one at a more ordinary place - again near the boules pitch. The C d'Or was a lovely experience; it was December, so ate indoors, didn't pre-book, but went early and it did fill up. Our waiter was lovely, we shared a starter, had a main and the cheeseboard. Not expensive for what we had and a very pleasant experience. The art work around the walls was amazing.

Art lovers will also want to spend time at the Fondation Maeght, just 5 minutes or so walk up the road. A fairly early start there followed by lunch and a wander round the village would be good.

Grasse is OK for a wander and lunch; I've visited and passed through, don't think I'd go back. We didn't do the perfume visit. Cannes was amusing; very busy even around Christmas. I remember sunshine sparkling on the sea, blue sky, crowds, a Christmas market and a pleasant lunch.

Gourdon I don't know.

Jo

Mentioned in this post
Grasse
Grasse
Cannes
Cannes
Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: day trip to St. Paul De Vence

I am planning a two-week trip to Nice over the Christmas holidays. I've been to the Cote d'Azur many times in the summer, but never in the winter. I don't know what to pack in terms of clothes! What is the weather like in December in Nice?

Nice, France
Level Contributor
661 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: day trip to St. Paul De Vence

As previously mentioned, Gourdon is not easily accessible by public transport but here's more info about the village (we visited again recently) :

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187224-i2789-k313…

Nice, France
Level Contributor
661 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: day trip to St. Paul De Vence

Saint Paul - though too touristy for my taste - is indeed a beautiful village (take a stroll along the ramparts, visit the Collegial church, the Pénitents Blancs chapel decorated by Folon > gorgeous mosaic, stained glass windows etc... A lot to see apart from art galleries & shops). Don't know when you are planning to go, but the Maeght Foundation will soon close for a period of 3 months :

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187240-i1235-k313…

Nice, France
Level Contributor
661 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: day trip to St. Paul De Vence

Beachlovah, temperatures in Nice are mild even in December (usually around 12°C during daytime)

9. Re: day trip to St. Paul De Vence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2010, 06:17