We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice plans!!!!

Perth Scotland
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nice plans!!!!

Me,Louise and my 10 year old daughter are renting an apartment in Nice first week in October(in Rue De La Buffa)

This is my plan for the week

Monday Nice Zoo(what bus do we get!!!)

Tuesday Go to beach at Villefranche (what bus or train?)

Weds Monaco..for a nosey!!!(what bus or train)

Thursd Antibes beach and wander round shops

Fri somehwere there is a big market

HELP!!!!!!!!!

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice plans!!!!

Monday Nice Zoo(what bus do we get!!!)

do you mean cap ferrat zoo? or parc phoenix? or marineland?

villefranche= bus 81 or 100 or train

monaco bus 100 or 100x or 112 [goes via Eze village] -timetables here

http://tinyurl.com/nm2v5r

or train

Antibes= go by train or slow bus 200 -there is a good market on a thursday morning in antibes. you could also go to the beach there

friday- ventimiglia is the big friday market

get train times here

http://www.ter-sncf.com/paca/index.asp

Perth Scotland
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice plans!!!!

Thankyou

what is the best Zoo in your opinion???

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice plans!!!!

Hmm,- i suppose it depends

Marineland is a huge thing- with killer whales and dolphins , sea lions [plus shows of all of these]

also sharks -aquaria , penguins

Kids play areas.

They now have a bird of prey show- i haven't seen that

its quite expenisve but october is low season so its then 29 euros adults and under 12s are 20 euros

A significant minus is the huge number of shops selling an impossible number of fluufy toys and aquatic themed trash up to really expsensive items - crystal , jewellery etc

The cafes etc are also not cheap -though they report that they are passing the vat reduction on to customer which will shave a couple of euros off . There are masses of places to eat or snack inside marineland

However, picnicing is not allowed inside marineland

To go there you take either a train to Biot gare or a bus number 200 to biot gare

Parc phoenix -is a kind of botanic garden with green houses which are exapmles of different kinds of climate and vegetation and are habitats for a variety of creatures- free flying brds, iguanas, caimans/alligators , rays and sharks

Also aquaria incluidng a shark and moray eel tamnk and pirahnas , creepy crawlies of various kinds.

Additionally oustide the grenehouses there is a huge pond with wild fowl-including pelicans, balck swans, all sorts of ducks and geece -also wild visitors pop in eg black winged stilts ,shelducks etc

There are some otters which swim around , prairies dogs, porcupines, rheas, terrapins and turtles, owls

Peacocks wandering around -plus wild birds -green and gold finches , black caps , indian silverbills, moorhens ,starlings might be back in droves by october, white wagtails etc.

There is a kids play area and bmboo maze and a sort of merry go round -pay extra for this but its aimed at babies really]

Parc phoenix -costs 2 euros per adult and kids are free - buses 9/10 , or 23

small cafe inside parc - prices are ok for most things but ice lollies are a bit dear though - and there are severasl picnic areas for use by visitors

No souvenirs shop but the cafe has some of those put the money in and get a toy inside an egg things.

Cap ferrat zoo - bus number 81 from bus station -get off at stop office de tourisme - then its about 5-10 mins walk

Quite a good small zoo- friendly staff, cafe wasn't as expensive as i feared -probably about teh same as parc phoenix prices - one teeny rack of souvenirs

animals =lions , tigers , wallabies, emus, coatis, zebras, goats, flamingoes ,siamangs, porcupines bats , free range leumur habitat etc

3-9yrs = 11 euros , over 9s =15euros

I enjoyed visiting the cap ferrat zoo recently and i've enjoyed trips to marineland in the past and i'm planning on going back to marineland latter in the year to see how things have changed but i think parc phoenix has to win for value for money

Certainly you could add a visit to parc phosenix in without breakng the bank

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,579 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice plans!!!!

Hi LordAnthony

Just on the Antibes Market - it is a very big market every Thursday and is split into 3 parts around the town. But it finishes at 1 pm so get there in the morning. Most stalls are set up by 8 am.

The best value and major part of the market is just off Rue Lacan and in a big car park behind the Post Office ( La Poste). Everyone in Antibes buys their clothes here.

Second - not so big,more touristy and pricey - is at the Place National ( but only 5 mins walk from Rue Lacan).

Third - is a flea and antique market near Place Malespine not far from the Porte Marine. If you like this kind of thing it's not great really ( but the best we have in Antibes)- the huge one in Nice Old Town on Mondays is far far better.

Ed

Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice plans!!!!

There's also a zoo in Monaco, although Prince Albert is "repatriating" some of the larger animals.

Villefranche - there's only 1 train line, so you get the train in the direction of Menton. Or buses 100 or 81.

Monaco same train as before, buses 100, 112, 100x.

Friday there's a big market in Ventimiglia just over the border in Italy.

Perth Scotland
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice plans!!!!

Thankyou lots of help

Might change Mondays plan and do something else....any suggestions?

7. Re: Nice plans!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Nice