We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Belfast
Level Contributor
99 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants

Hi

Looking for some suggestions of really good resturants for evening meals - want to eat out thur/fri and a sat - staying in la Palais on the promenade - looking for something different each night - help!!!

Niall

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,146 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

The rave new restaurant in Nice is La Flaveur, rue Gubernatis close to the Nice Etoiles. Seems people can't speak highly enough of it. Booking advised.

Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

Luc Salsedo on rue Alphonse Karr (I think).

Christian Plumanach's L'Univers on ave Jean Jaures (I think).

L'Aphrodite on rue Dubouchage.

Nice, France
Level Contributor
661 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

L'Univers de Christian Plumail

www.christian-plumail.com

Le Don Camillo

www.doncamillo-creations.fr

Belfast
Level Contributor
99 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

Thanks for this/. Will go with one of these for Thursday and one for Saturday as they seem really special. Any other suggestions for cheap and cheerful but good on the Friday?

Niall

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,146 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

As youv'e got some specials pencilled in which are indoor "restaurant interior" focussed , consider something with more alfresco - atmosphere - people watch and location. My favourites have always been in the rather touristy Zone Pietonne. Le Milo is great, and La Taverne Massena for a Cresci Pizza which is a pizza thatsdifficult to beat anywhere.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
252 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

We have just came back today after 4 nights in nice and eat twice at the Chez Davia found it by chance and after checking on here to-night I see it has been recommended by others,it is on rue Grimaldi, and I can highly recommend it. It is just like the old French restaurants we used to visit in Paris, it only holds about 32 and fills up very quickly most nights, the madame who we presume to be the owner is very straight forward but gets away with it her English is very good to.

The food is good straight forward cooking and excellent, they have set menus of 32 & 18 euros plus an al a carte choice if you want

Belfast
Level Contributor
99 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants

perfect appreciate this advice

Niall

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants

We just got back a couple of days ago and really enjoyed La Maison de Marie. It is located on rue Massena, but is tucked away down a walkway. It has a wonderful outdoor terrace, with the most desirable tables located under an arbor of trees. There is also inside seating. Reservations are needed unless you get there by 7. They have a 3 course fixed price menu, or the regular menu(carte). Our party of 4 all loved our food.Price we found reasonable.

www.lamaisondemarie.com/en-accueil.html

Colne, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants

We like a little restaurant called Gesu which is in Place Gesu in the old town. Not a large menu but good food at reasonable prices. Its always full of locals which is a good recomendation

Have a good trip Jasmin

Belfast
Level Contributor
99 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants

Thanks all

Just had to report back - Thursday Christain Plumail - super - great value set menu at 22 and 44 - the latter with bigger portions and an extra cheese course - good food - witness mushroom capacino starter - but a little stuffy

Fri - Acchiardo - very cheap and plain - no way No 2 in Nice as per this site

Sat - the best meal we have ever had anywhere - and I include NYC, Hong Kong, London Paris etc etc La Flaveur - everything was perfect - booked in advance - told them special meal for anniversary - fresh flowers, and the food - where do I start - the special treat menu to include all courses. We have never had the quality and innovation of food. Thanks Nice Life - amazing - it only holds a handful and they turned folks away when some tables free? so it was clear they are in it for great food and service - yes the food was matched by the service - amazing amazing - worth every cent - Well done!!!!