We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difference between TGV and IDTGV? Paris to Villefranche

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Difference between TGV and IDTGV? Paris to Villefranche

Forgive my stupidity, but is there a difference (other than obviously the prices) for these two services? I know IDTGV offers different atmospheres for travel. Is that the only difference? Which would you recommend - we are 2 adults and 1 3.5 year old boy with 3 suitcases.

We will be traveling from Paris to Villefranche sur mer May 15.

Also, we are staying in VSM, but it's my understanding we will have to change trains in Nice, and take a train to VSM. Is this correct?

Thank you so much!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,136 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Difference between TGV and IDTGV? Paris to Villefranche

This topic was covered recently in tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187216-i137-k3457…

Yes, you do have to change trains at Nice Ville for Villefranche, which is six or seven minutes further on.

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Difference between TGV and IDTGV? Paris to Villefranche

2 summers ago, we took the TGV from Paris to the Niceville station. It was a great ride. The scenery was beautiful and it took about 5 hours. We stayed in Nice, so we did not have to switch, but we did visit Villefranche-sur mer the next day. it is a very easy quick train ride over there from that station. Both Nice and Villefranche-sur-mer were glorious! We also enjoyed visiting Antibbes and Eze Village ( a medieval village in the mountains). If you can, make some time for this. You will have a wonderful time!

3. Re: Difference between TGV and IDTGV? Paris to Villefranche

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2010, 07:17