We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you get into monaco while the grand prix is on...

england
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Can you get into monaco while the grand prix is on...

Hiya, i have just found out that me, hubby and son (12) will be in nice while the monaco grand prix is on this year and was just wondering if you can enter monaco on the day of the race or do you have to pay to get to any viewing places.

I have looked on the website about the secteur rocher area and would normally book these general admission tickets, but i will be 6 months pregnant and am thinking it wont be very comfortable for me. All other tickets are too expensive for us.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,918 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you get into monaco while the grand prix is on...

From others who have bought entry to the public area on the Rock I would suggest it is really not worth the candle. There is a mad physical scramble to cling to the best locations which would try anyone let alone someone in your condition. Even getting to Monaco on the day by train risks getting crushed. Like all GP events if you don't have access to a grandstand seat or hospitality package it is far better to watch it on TV.

Ed

england
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you get into monaco while the grand prix is on...

Thanks very much for email, i think we will give it a miss then, i did read somewhere that there isnt anything on on the friday and that they open up the town, do you know anything about that?!

Thanks in advance

Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you get into monaco while the grand prix is on...

Yes, Friday is usually open.

4. Re: Can you get into monaco while the grand prix is on...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2010, 06:29