We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport Nice to Villefranche sur Mer + things to visit

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
132 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
transport Nice to Villefranche sur Mer + things to visit

We are interesting in a day trip to Villefranche sur Mer.

Which bus will take us there, please? We are staying in Nice.

And are there interesting things to be seen here? If yes, which are the main sights to be visited in Villefranche?

Thanks in advance!

Catalina

Scotland
Level Contributor
206 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport Nice to Villefranche sur Mer + things to visit

Hi Catalina,

It's easy to get to Villefranche. Bus no 100 leaves from the bus station and the fare is one euro (at least it was!)

Villfranche sur Mer is attractive in itself and has a pleasant, if fairly small beach.

The best recommendation I can give you is to visit Villa Ephrussi and take a stroll around Cap Ferrat.

http://www.villa-ephrussi.com/en/ephrussi/

Besy wishes,

JD

UK
Level Contributor
3,264 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport Nice to Villefranche sur Mer + things to visit

You could even walk to Villefranche-sur-mer from Nice. Just follow the road that leads from the Vieux Port. It is a lovely walk with great views and takes about 40 minutes.

We usually walk there and take the bus or train back to Nice. Villefranche is very small, colourful and pretty with quaint narrow streets. There is a small museum devoted to the writer/artist Jean Cocteau as well as a small chapel on the waterfront designed by him.

Enjoy!

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,295 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transport Nice to Villefranche sur Mer + things to visit

Bus no 81 also brings you to Villefranche.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
731 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transport Nice to Villefranche sur Mer + things to visit

not a great website, but you can get a few more ideas here:

http://www.villefranche-sur-mer.com/tourism/

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transport Nice to Villefranche sur Mer + things to visit

I spent a day at Villefranche sur Mer from Nice last August and truly enjoyed it! We enjoyed the beach which is more sandy than Nice but still coarce.

The old town has plenty of delightful cafes and spots to enjoy the good life.

Alcester, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transport Nice to Villefranche sur Mer + things to visit

I visit villefranche everytime I go to Nice, lovely little seaside village. Nice sandy beach and good local restaurants. I recommend hiring a boat for the day from the harbour, costs about 70 euros. Great day to explore further round the coast.

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transport Nice to Villefranche sur Mer + things to visit

We took the train from Nice to Villefranche-sur-mer, and we were very happy that we did. ( 15 minutes or so) It is a beautiful place along the water. We did take the walk to the Rothchild-Ephrussi property and we also loved that. Just beautiful gardens! The whole day was wonderful.

Armagh
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transport Nice to Villefranche sur Mer + things to visit

We arrive in Nice airport at 9.30 0n a Sat night so I would expect to be in the trasin station in Nice around 10.15pm - will it be possible to get a train to Villefranche at that time of night , or indeed a bus ?

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: transport Nice to Villefranche sur Mer + things to visit

how are you planning on getting to Nice by 10.15-taxi?

night bus N100 from terminal 1 -there is one at 10pm then 11.30 - costs one euro

www.cg06.fr/document/…

train from Nice st augustin at 22h45 - Nice st augustin staion is about 20 mins walk from terminal 1 or 10 mins from areans if you take the inter terminal shuttle - station will be unmanned at the time -you will need coins or suitable chip and pin card for the ticket machine

from Nice ville earliest train is 22h53

Armagh
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: transport Nice to Villefranche sur Mer + things to visit

Thank You Selkie.

Assuming we make Nice St Augustin by 22.45 how much will two people require in coin and how many stops to villefranche ?

What is "areans" ?