We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrive this Friday, fingers crossed

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Topic
Arrive this Friday, fingers crossed

Will be my wife, daughter and new son in law , staying in Villefranche. They marry on thursday . ( they were supposed to get married in Mexico in January , but had to cancel it at the last minute due to my daughter having a cyst on her ovaries ) Want to make this a lovely 4 night stay with no stress . First thing need to have clear is buses from airport . Presuming we need 98 or 99 bus to Nice then get 100 to Villefranche . Plan to have a day looking around Villefranche , day in Nice , and a day in Monaco . How do we make it a fun four days , bearing in mind we like an odd beer or two . Cheers .

London /Nice
Level Contributor
780 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrive this Friday, fingers crossed

try

the terrace at the top of the Meridian in Nice for cocktails and or beers (expensive but if it is good weather the view is not to be missed)

Carpaccio on the quay in Villefranche;

Paloma beach at Cap Ferrat

La Pinede at Cap D'Ail -train from Villefranche the restaurant is signed from the station ---2 minute walk but go at lunchtime for the dining next to the sea and again brilliant on a sunny day -50 E per person plus wine

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrive this Friday, fingers crossed

Congratulaltions - I hope your daughter is well recovered now and that the sun shines on them for their wedding

what do you all like to do apart from the beer ;} ?

what is fun for you all?

any special interests?

what is the budget?

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrive this Friday, fingers crossed

firstly merci beaucoup for your swift responses .

Yes my daughter is very well now thankyou . She is expecting a baby in september .

What we like ? As one couple are in their fifties and the other early twenties I'm not sure . Though I am young in my outlook . I don't intend to stifle them on their honeymoon but would like to spend some lunches and evenings eating good food and drinking in reasonably priced food establishments . I personally run , cycle and love karaoke but will not be doing that on this break , it would be too selfish . We normally do package holidays to Spain etc so are not used to the more sophisticated life . We are more pub grub than posh nosh . But we are willing to educate ourselves .

Jotted down Castle Hill , Promenade de anglais and the Russian Cathedral as things to stroll around but am open to any advise .

4. Re: Arrive this Friday, fingers crossed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2010, 07:18