We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

price of taxi from airport to Rue E.Philibert after midnight

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
328 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
price of taxi from airport to Rue E.Philibert after midnight

Hello,

I come to Nice on this Monday the 14th, after midnight.

I need to take a taxi to my hotel All Seasons near the old port in E. Philibert st.

Please kindly advise how much do i have to pay the taxi at this late hour to the old port area?

thanks in advance

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: price of taxi from airport to Rue E.Philibert after midnight

…aeroport.fr/acces_stationnement_en/taxi/def…

Its a regulated fare to a fixed tariff and its expensive for a 5-6km trip, but the Centre is up to 32euro, I would expect a couple more euro for the exta distance to the port - probably 35 euro total. Little bits can be added on for lots of cases, fourth passenger etc

Always ask and agree the fare before getting in the cab. They are generally a very honest and decent lot but I have once had the "meter's not working guv" story.

Just be clear on what to expect and have no suprises.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: price of taxi from airport to Rue E.Philibert after midnight

night fares are a third dearer than daytime fares so i'd allow 40-50 euros after midnight depending on number of passengers and bags.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: price of taxi from airport to Rue E.Philibert after midnight

Interesting, Selkie.

I don't generally take taxi's, but if thats right it might be worth suggesting the airport update its Taxi prices web page. I took a late taxi earlier this year and it was bang on the money, 32 euro to Place Massena. Eighteen euro for an extra mile sounds extreme even at Nice Taxi prices.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
328 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: price of taxi from airport to Rue E.Philibert after midnight

thank you very much for your prompt and detailed advises.

i will follow your kind info when landing in Nice next week

all the best to both of you

tal

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: price of taxi from airport to Rue E.Philibert after midnight

on the airport website the taxi day rate is already listed as 1.68 and 2.24. night rate for returning empty to the airport - i make that a third increase between the day and night rates but my maths might be rubbish

so i would allow 10-15 euros on top of the day fare -doesn't mean someone definitely gets charged that, just that they might..

theoretically the night rate starts at 7pm but i've never seen a difference in early evening fares from day fares - just post midnight till about 6.30am

Edited: 12 June 2010, 21:58
6. Re: price of taxi from airport to Rue E.Philibert after midnight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2010, 07:33