We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parc Floral Phoenix

Level Contributor
2,035 posts
491 reviews
Save Topic
Parc Floral Phoenix

The Parc Floral Phoenix - Is this easy to get to? Looks like it's next to the airport.

Would anyone recommend this, or say skip this on a short (just 4 nights) trip.

The "World's Largest Glass House" looks neat. Didn't know how the gardens matched up to other places in the area though - like those in Monaco.

Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parc Floral Phoenix

when are you planning to visit?

its easy to get to- via buses 23, 9 or 10 -choice of bus depending where you start from in central Nice

whether its worth a visit really depends on your interests

I go there pretty regularly throughout the year to take photos

the gardens are constantly maintained and there are generally lots of interesting plants to see as well as the birds on the lake, animals, etc

currently the immense green house is getting renovated , but on a piecemeal basis to allow constant access

the aquairia and vivaria inside the glasshouse were getting massively refurbished for the past year but they were supposed to be back on view for the school holidays- ie now.

i've been back in scotland visiting family and haven't visited for about 2 weeks so i'm not sure if the aquaria have re-opened yet.

the museum of asian arts is right next door so you can do a combined visit and parc phoenix also has frequent exhibitions - eg art, photography , etc

Level Contributor
2,035 posts
491 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parc Floral Phoenix

My trip was pushed back to May/June of next year.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parc Floral Phoenix

Sorry to learn your trip is rescheduled. Don't chicken out however, Nice is the place to visit.

About the Parc, if anyone is still following this thread:

Parc Phoenix isn't only about flowers, its also sort of the nearest thing Nice has to a Zoo. Obviously not the real deal with lions elephants and tourist-munching tigers, but never the less stocked with some real characters. I've uploaded my favourites to a storybook here -

After a few days of earnestly working your way through art museums and churches its a pleasant change of pace.

Edited: 03 July 2010, 20:18
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
491 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parc Floral Phoenix

Thanks. We put solar panels up on the house, so vacation in Europe had to take the back seat for a year.

Yeah, I'm trying to think of different things to do. In Nice just looking forward to walking around Old Town, Promenade de Anglais, visiting Eze (maybe Monaco), going to the Picasso Museum, and anything else that interests us.

We'll have been in Italy prior to Nice for about 2 weeks and will be soaking up a lot of Art there...

In total going to Rome, Assisi, Florence, & Venice, then Nice and onto Paris. When I planned the locations, I really wanted to change up the scenery (city to umbrian hills/mountains to city to floating city to Mediterranean Coast back to City). Really looking forward to Nice.

Now I just figure I have extra time to plan for the entire trip and more time to get excited. :-)

Edited: 03 July 2010, 21:46
5. Re: Parc Floral Phoenix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2010, 06:16
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor