We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HomeAway Holiday-Rentals - wwwholiday-rentals.co.uk

UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
HomeAway Holiday-Rentals - wwwholiday-rentals.co.uk

Please has anyone used the above company and could you recommend it? I have found a couple of promising rentals on this site and would appreciate views from anyone who has booked with them.

st. louis
Level Contributor
55 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HomeAway Holiday-Rentals - wwwholiday-rentals.co.uk

I have used HomeAway on two occasions to book apartment rentals - one in Villefranche and one in Paris. I am not sure what HomeAway's screening process is but I have been very pleased with the two owners that I have worked with. When I did my search I e-mailed the owner and asked for information as to my dates, etc. If there was a fairly quick response - 24 hours or so, it gave me some assurance that the owner of the property was engaged in his/her business. If not, I crossed them off my list. If you would like to discuss my experience further, let me know and I can elaborate. The other thing I discovered was that there is a lot of cross posting on other rental sites, particularly VRBO. And the apartment in Villefranche is also advertised on Trip Advisor.

Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HomeAway Holiday-Rentals - wwwholiday-rentals.co.uk

I've used them 3 times;

Richerenches, Gordes & Villefranche & each time's been a home-run. No problems with payment, the owners, or the condition of the properties I've rented.

Have recommended it to friends & they've had similar results.

London /Nice
Level Contributor
780 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HomeAway Holiday-Rentals - wwwholiday-rentals.co.uk

I use this site for letting my apartment and for renting others.Usual rules apply-- make sure you have home adress of owners and a telephone number, if they do nnot respond quickly then cross them off

I have had no problems renting in Berlin Paris Pisa

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HomeAway Holiday-Rentals - wwwholiday-rentals.co.uk

I use them to advertise my gite in the Loire Valley. They are a professional and reputable company.

UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HomeAway Holiday-Rentals - wwwholiday-rentals.co.uk

Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread. I think I have now managed to secure a nice apartment with this company. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Santa Monica
Level Contributor
42 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HomeAway Holiday-Rentals - wwwholiday-rentals.co.uk

Our experience with HomeAway so far has been different. We found a rental listing in Nice, and when we tried to book it, the Nice Pebbles owner/property management company wanted to charge us more than double the highest season rate they advertised on HomeAway, claiming the site was not up to date. The price discrepancies were so huge, though, that we suspect deliberate bait and switch. We've complained to HomeAway and are awaiting a response, to see if they discipline or ban Nice Pebbles for the false advertising.

Santa Monica
Level Contributor
42 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HomeAway Holiday-Rentals - wwwholiday-rentals.co.uk

Our experience with HomeAway so far has been different. We found a rental listing in Nice, and when we tried to book it, the Nice Pebbles owner/property management company wanted to charge us more than double the highest season rate they advertised on HomeAway, claiming the site was not up to date. The price discrepancies were so huge, though, that we suspect deliberate bait and switch. We've complained to HomeAway and are awaiting a response, to see if they discipline or ban Nice Pebbles for the false advertising.

Edited: 09 July 2010, 16:56
8. Re: HomeAway Holiday-Rentals - wwwholiday-rentals.co.uk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2011, 06:17