We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have the Nice experts (NiceLife etc) got any fav restaurants

Low Fell, England
Level Contributor
357 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Have the Nice experts (NiceLife etc) got any fav restaurants

Due to spend 4 days in Nice in October and any recomendations would be gratefully received.

Thank you.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
698 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have the Nice experts (NiceLife etc) got any fav restaurants

We had a wonderfull time at the L'univers restaurant, just off place Massena. It's a michelin starred restaurant, with big portions especially considering that it is a gourmet one, very kind service, and excellent mediterrenean dishes. There is a daily menu at 20euros for 2 dishes, a menu at 45euros for 4 dished, and a gourmet menu around 70euros. All in all a very good value for such a nice place.

http://www.christian-plumail.com/

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have the Nice experts (NiceLife etc) got any fav restaurants

Don't profess to be a Nice expert but I liked Chez Davia on R. Grimaldi.Cooking was authentic local.Bouillabaisse was excellent and so much I couldn't finish it.I know that's not local (from Marseille I believe).Madame offered and kindly did the surgical bit for me ie removing the heads and tails.She must know Brits tend not to enjoy seeing their fish complet.

Low Fell, England
Level Contributor
357 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Have the Nice experts (NiceLife etc) got any fav restaurants

Thanks greece4ever and WirralScouse, I have added your suggestions to my list of places to try.

Keep the ideas coming!

UK
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Have the Nice experts (NiceLife etc) got any fav restaurants

Our favourite restaurants in Nice are:

Chez Davia on rue Grimaldi

La Petite Biche on rue d'Alsace-Lorraine

La Tapenade on rue Sainte-Réparate

Acchiardo on rue Droite

They all serve excellent traditional Niçoise and French cuisine at very reasonable prices.

For lunch, we like getting a terrace table at Le Lunel on quai Lunel for good food with a view over the Vieux Port or at René Socca on rue Miralheti for delicious, cheap Niçoise street food.

Bon appétit!

Low Fell, England
Level Contributor
357 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Have the Nice experts (NiceLife etc) got any fav restaurants

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your suggestions ellonway - some great ideas which I look forward to checking out.

Keep 'em coming people.

Low Fell, England
Level Contributor
357 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Have the Nice experts (NiceLife etc) got any fav restaurants

*Bump*

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,296 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Have the Nice experts (NiceLife etc) got any fav restaurants

We like La Voglia, right on the Cours Saléya--wonderful Italian food, large portions. Another favorite is L'Ecurie, at 4, rue du Marché. This restaurant specializes in Niçoise and Italian food, including excellent pizza.

ireland
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Have the Nice experts (NiceLife etc) got any fav restaurants

Though I'm not an expert for Nice,we did have a wonderful meal at La Maison de Marie,5 rue Massena, beautiful setting in the courtyard at evening time - albeit in July.

You can check out it out at www.lamaisondemarie.com

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
398 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Have the Nice experts (NiceLife etc) got any fav restaurants

it may save you the trouble of waiting for responses, to just search this topic in the forum search. I know I've seen it asked at least a dozen times and I'm sure there are some who may avoid the topic by now, even though they might still have good recommendations.

I always search old topics if I can (or remember). Lots of recent good things to find! :-)

Low Fell, England
Level Contributor
357 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Have the Nice experts (NiceLife etc) got any fav restaurants

Thank you.