We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2011 Monaco Grand Prix Tickets!!!

Dublin, Ireland
7 posts
Save Topic
2011 Monaco Grand Prix Tickets!!!

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the 2011 Monaco Grand Prix. Myself and two brothers are planning on taking my dad for his birthday. We are staying in Nice and will be getting the train up to monaco on the morning of the race.

Can anyone please advise when the tickets become available, what is the best way of getting them and roughly how much they cost?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Tierra Verde...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2011 Monaco Grand Prix Tickets!!!

It is a zoo and everything costs 50% more that week, but here you go:

www.grand-prix-monaco.com/formula1monaco/

Dublin, Ireland
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2011 Monaco Grand Prix Tickets!!!

Thanks for the reply!

The tickets are'nt cheap!!! Its something my dad always wanted to go to so we decided to treat him!

Somebody told me there were free vantage points along the circuit, is this true?

And of the tickets that you purchase, can anybody recommend some value for money areas based on the prices, i suppose its generally you get what you pay for in terms of quality!!

Tierra Verde...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2011 Monaco Grand Prix Tickets!!!

Like any other race, they fence everything off and put up screening to block "free" viewing.

The site I linked has a little camera icon that allows you to preview the view from each price point.

Your best alternative to avoid $500 tickets and tons of people is to go to the practice on Thursday for $100 or qualifying on Saturday for $200. You'll get the same feel for it and spend far less...

Dublin, Ireland
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 2011 Monaco Grand Prix Tickets!!!

Yeah I saw the camera icon its very good actually, thanks!

Thats not a bad alternative, I may look into it! Either way it will be good to experience it!

Any idea when the tickets start to sell out?

Tierra Verde...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2011 Monaco Grand Prix Tickets!!!

Not sure on ticket sell out dates, but it is almost too late to book hotel, airfare, etc. I'd lock everything down ASAP.

Enjoy it!

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,496 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 2011 Monaco Grand Prix Tickets!!!

dt1982- yes the cheap option is the general entry that allows you to pick your own spot on the Rock and cling to it if you can. Believe me it is not worth the candle and you are competing with thousands who will be there from 5am for the best vantage points. You will already have an unpleasant crush situation on the trains from Nice to Monaco that day. Given it's a special day and your dad's birthday I suggst there is no alternative to one of the grandstands. You would be far better watching the race on TV.

Ed

newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2011 Monaco Grand Prix Tickets!!!

Nothing is value for money during Grand Prix week. This is one of the worlds premier sporting events, in one of the most exclusive locations so this means one thing:-EXPENSIVE !

Its difficult to do this race on a budget. Race tickets cost a fortune,and hotel rates triple. This year however Monaco was far from a sell out-the recession bites even here to a certain extent.

Having said that its a one off experience,and its nuts not to go if you are in Nice anyway. I agree though that a decent grandstand seat is a good investment, although be prepared to pay 200-400 euros a pop. The general viewing area is poor, and very very crowded. Its distant and not much fun at all.

Enjoy !

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2011 Monaco Grand Prix Tickets!!!

the official website is www.formula1monaco.com

tickets will be available may be from January when the official dates will be published in the official calendar by FIA... (29th May 2011 ?)

no free views or very far

the rock is the cheaper

9. Re: 2011 Monaco Grand Prix Tickets!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2011, 05:18