We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Shopping - No Tourist Prices!

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Good Shopping - No Tourist Prices!

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some recommendations for the best shopping places where I can get good fashion items at local prices - I don't mind going off into side streets to avoid tourist prices. I'm also NOT interested in souvenirs.

Thanks!

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Shopping - No Tourist Prices!

nice etoile centre, nice tnl centre , rue massena- depends what you are looking for though

sales are on at the moment - till 3rd august

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Shopping - No Tourist Prices!

Thanks for the recommendations!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Shopping - No Tourist Prices!

My better half loves Camieux, Promod, and Mango. All to be found in Jean Medecin , Zone Pietone and surrounding streets in the centre. These are all shops where the local Nicois buy fashions.

Edited: 26 July 2010, 07:45
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Shopping - No Tourist Prices!

You might like the clothes market in Antibes on Thursday mornings or the smaller daily morning market Marche Gambetta in Cannes.

The rue d'Antibes , rue Meynadier and the side streets off them in Cannes have a great selection of shops both high end and value.

There are several French chains which offer low priced fashion items and you will find them in Nice ,Cannes and most French towns plus multinational chains like Zara. Whether the Euro price is attractive will depend on exchange rates as prices are fixed.

As a non EU citizen, you can reclaim tax on purchases when you leave France. Remember to request a VAT refund form when you make a purchase. There are also various discounts available for visitors eg 10% discount vouchers at Galeries Lafayette .These are widely available from the airport info desks ,tourist offices, hotel lobby etc etc.

Enjoy!

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Shopping - No Tourist Prices!

I can concur with NiceLife,my better half also loves Camieux in the pedestrian Zone. There is also a good shoe shop on this street that also sells ladies fashion, it is on th right had side as you walk on rue massena towards avenue Jean Medecien and it has a long narrow entrance into a shop. I tried to find it on google maps street view but I think my view was hampered by trucks. I'm sure Selkie or NiceLife will know the name of it.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Shopping - No Tourist Prices!

I found it on google street map... It is called no cara, it is around no 28 rue massena

7. Re: Good Shopping - No Tourist Prices!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2011, 06:17