We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus 98 from airport to Nice

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
91 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Bus 98 from airport to Nice

Does the bus stop long enough for you to haul the luggage (we have two bags) on and off the bus at the airport and at our hotel?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,146 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus 98 from airport to Nice

Yes. Being the "Airport Express Bus" it is operated with the expectation some passengers might just have luggage with them.

The bus makes various stops along the sea front before making its way to the bus station. - you will need to check which of these stops is the nearest your hotel. If you tell us what your hotel is a TA poster will oblige

Edited: 10 August 2010, 07:25
Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
91 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus 98 from airport to Nice

We will stay at 52 Promenade des Anglais so I think we will need to get off the bus at Promenade / Gambetta stop

London, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,146 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus 98 from airport to Nice

Yes (again). Your destination is sort of half way between the Gambetta stop and the Congress stop. Either will do, as its next to no distance

www.lignedazur.com/horaires_ligne/…

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus 98 from airport to Nice

52 promenade des anglais is between stops grossoCUM/promenade and gambetta/promenade [its beside les jardins du capitole brasserie at corner of rue andrioli ]

Edited: 10 August 2010, 17:57
London, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,146 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus 98 from airport to Nice

I am sure Selkie is right. If I coax my mapping software to read building numbers I see you are not far from the Negresco, which is No 37, and on the Nice side of the Gambetta which looks like starting at no. 55. 52 looks lik its at the junction of rue Crondstadt and the Prom. So definitely the Gambetta stop

Well there goes my boy scout badge in orienteering.

Apropos of nothing, you are close to the site of the two villas (54 and 57), owned at the turn of the last century by Emil Jellineck better known as the founder of Daimler Benz. motor company and its creation, the Mercedes. You may have seen a few of them around on the streets. He's buried in a very grand mausoleum up in the Nice Cimieteres. Life in the fast lane.

Edited: 10 August 2010, 19:22
Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
91 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus 98 from airport to Nice

Wow....that's good to know. My apartment is right above Les Jardins du Capitole brasserie.

California
Level Contributor
9,509 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus 98 from airport to Nice

Could you help me, too? Same question, but we're staying at Hotel Suisse. What stop would be the closest? Thank you!

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus 98 from airport to Nice

for hotel suisse its easiest to get off at stop albert 1er , walk back to the sea road which is a continuation of the promenade des anglais [30 seconds] - turn left at the corner at and walk along this road [quai des etats unis ] in the direction of the hill [colline de chateau] -this would be the most straight forward way of going. The hotel suisse is at the foot of the hill - 10 -15 mins or so walk

merseyside
Destination Expert
for Kalymnos
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus 98 from airport to Nice

22kauai

Or you could get off on the promenade, any stop after the Hotel Negressco and walk along, taking in the sea air and sun and walk straight ahead, you will see the Hotel Suisse infront of you, my favourite hotel!

10. Re: Bus 98 from airport to Nice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2011, 06:15