We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Week in Nice - too long??

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, CA
14 posts
Save Topic
Week in Nice - too long??

I am looking at taking a trip to Nice for a week next August but not sure there is enough to do to keep it entertaining...any thoughts on whether or not that is too much time? I'm part of a timeshare exchange program so I have to go for a week otherwise I assume I would probably just do a few days. Would I be better off trying for somewhere else in France (besides Paris)??

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Week in Nice - too long??

there is plenty to do and see in Nice -more than enough for a week- promenade des anglais, colline de chateau, russian cathedral, mediaeval buildings, good food,/restaurants , museums, art, history, water sports, mountains, adveventure sports, walking, nature, art deco, art nouveau,. braoque architecture, people watching markets, views, etc etc godo public transport with easly links to monaco, Cannes, antibes, mountains, italy and even corsica is doable for a [tiring] day trip

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Week in Nice - too long??

Your post begs the inevitable questions.. what do you enjoy and what do you consider to be entertainment ?

I struggle to think of anyone I know who has failed to enjoy their visit to the Nice and the French Riviera, or anyone who has left without planning to return at some future date, but everything is an individual choice.

For many people Nice and its environs ( ie the Cote d'Azur) provide a lifetime of entertainment :)

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,278 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Week in Nice - too long??

There is always something new to see in ou around Nice. A week is not enough unless you think of a week each year for 50 odd years...

Baarn, The...
Level Contributor
11 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Week in Nice - too long??

There is so much to see and to do in and around Nice. I spend one week at Nice and it was too short! I recommend buying an Carte Isabelle railway pass which is good for one day unlimited train travel on Les Arcs-Ventimiglia, Cannes-Grasse and Nice-Vievola. It costs 12 euro. Be sure to visit the market of the Italian bordertown Ventimiglia (French: Vintimille) which is held every friday.

Edited: 20 August 2010, 14:57
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
644 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Week in Nice - too long??

OMG, we were in Juan-les pins last August for 2 weeks and didnt see all we wanted to see!! Im going back in Sept for 4 nights as we didnt even get time to explore Nice!! We took in Antibes, Cannes, Grasse (for the perfumery), VilleFranche, Monaco, Monte-Carlo, and Ventimilla in Italy (although I would not recommend the Friday market here - way too busy and mostly tat, and, in August at least 4-5 deep at each stall , we thought we would experience a bit of Italy but wasnt the case - we could have been anywhere. Maybe its lovely on any day except Friday, plus we couldnt get a decent lunch anywhere as so busy, we ended up in a greasy spoon cafe which was awful!!). Nice seems to have plenty to offer to. The transport network the whole lenght of the coast here is fab and very cheap.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Week in Nice - too long??

I have been visiting for over forty years and still find different places to see and things to do every time I visit!

Norfolk, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Week in Nice - too long??

We've spent two separate fortnights in Nice - the first time we shared your worry about not having enough to see and do - we ran out of time. The second time, we ran out of time...

If we hadn't foolishly booked something else this year, we'd be back there right now for another 2 weeks, followed by another and another...

Belfast
Level Contributor
298 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Week in Nice - too long??

Just to echo the comments of others, I have been going to Nice on average once every two months for the past 5 years, sometimes for a long weekend, sometimes for 1 or 2 weeks. I arrive each time with the same sense of excitement and anticipation, and leave thinking of all the things I will do the next time I come.

To paraphrase Samuel Johnson, if you are tired of Nice after a week, then you must be tired of life itself.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
26,803 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Week in Nice - too long??

We go almost annually for 7-10 days each time and there's still so much we want to explore. It's my favorite place in the world.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
261 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Week in Nice - too long??

I hope a week isn't too long. I just booked an apartment for a month in Nice.