We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bastille Day Monte Carlo or Nice

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
147 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Bastille Day Monte Carlo or Nice

I will be in the south of France for July 2011 Bastille Day and am planning my trip, Anyone have an opinion as to where it would be better to experience it if my choices are Nice or Monte Carlo??? Thanks

Tierra Verde...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bastille Day Monte Carlo or Nice

Nice for a number of reasons. Easier transportation, lower cost, more to do, etc. But the biggest reason is Nice is in France and Monte Carlo is in Monaco.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,102 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bastille Day Monte Carlo or Nice

I don't think they do Bastille Day in Monaco - it's a Principality, and they don't necessarily approve of getting rid of the royalty.....

Ed.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
147 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bastille Day Monte Carlo or Nice

Thank you , NIce it is!!!!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bastille Day Monte Carlo or Nice

Monarchy is good for tourism. Monaco will no doubt put on some sort of show a few days before Fete Nationale. July 9, 2011 has been declared official date for the royal wedding of reigning Prince Albert (52) and Charlene Wittstock (32). My guess there will be something pretty spectacular. Like a Hello Magazine feature.

Edited: 17 September 2010, 07:09
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bastille Day Monte Carlo or Nice

Correction - wedding date moved back a week to 2nd July. From Nice Matin today -

Albert II announced Wednesday evening the choice of a union on July 2 outside with his girlfriend Charlene Wittstock to a thousand guests

"The religious ceremony will not be celebrated on Saturday in the cathedral, but on the Palace Square. » "On Wednesday, the ruler of Monaco has lifted the veil on the preparations for his marriage to Charlene Wittstock.

. An announcement at a meeting particularly relaxed with the press, including Nice-Matin, in the gardens of the Prince's Palace.

Appointment is made on July 2, on the Place du Palais for a religious union, which the king himself, should take place "in front of about a thousand guests."

The news is sure to surprise observers of life in Monaco.The choice of the Place du Palais, rather than the cathedral, is definitely a surprise. It is in itself a powerful gesture, witnessed an unbroken opening to his people and a willingness to share his happiness with the people. The Monaco will therefore also the wedding and in their own way, witnesses to this union dream will July 2, 2011 by Charlene Wittstock, 32, a princess.

. Smiling, the prince has evaded any possibility of bad weather that day: "It can not rain in Monaco," he joked, but added that arrangements would be made otherwise.

(So no rain. Its official.)

Translation courtesy of Google

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,102 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bastille Day Monte Carlo or Nice

I have no doubt you will be in early to secure a good place in the Palace Square, NiceLife

Ed

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bastille Day Monte Carlo or Nice

I have it on good authority that President Obama, sick of Republican voters stashing their money away in tax havens and needing a war that the US can win, is planning to invade Monaco before the next election. The carrier USS Washington has already been detailed to stand by. M Sarkozy has agreed provided the Ruskies on Cap Ferrat and several encampments of Roma are dealt with at the same time. You read it here first!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
147 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bastille Day Monte Carlo or Nice

You guys are too much! Lol

9. Re: Bastille Day Monte Carlo or Nice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2011, 06:22