We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for Nice Carnival

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Advice for Nice Carnival

Hi,

I am travelling to Nice for the 2011 Carnival.

I need some advice to know if the Flower Parade, the Parade of Lights and the Carnival Parade are similar or if it's worth attending each one.

I would like to be 2 days viewing the Carnival so I would like to know if it's worth paying for the Stand seats or if you can get a good view if you only pay the entrance fee.

Also, is the weather too cold to get into the sea during the end of February?

Thank you!

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for Nice Carnival

my english is not fluently so it's difficult to explain you with technical words

did you have a look the official website because they explain you everything and you can see pictures...

http://www.nicecarnaval.com/en/index.php

flower parade is different than the other

flower parade they throw flowers from 20 different float

I think there is less fiesta

between the 2 other, they are similar

one is in evening with lights (parades of lights)

one in afternoon (carnival parade)

but floats and animations are exactly the same

I prefer in evening

about stand seats, you can avoid it if you arrive minimum 2 hours before the start to have a good place because many people pay only entrance fee

(stand seat is more for old people or groups ;- and there are many many groups)

it's worth, for flower parade may be if you decide to pay one time

but for the other parade, I recommand you to pay only the entrance and arrive one hour before minimum

about sea, now it's 13° C, in februray may be 14° the water

no people go to swim except exceptions

russia
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for Nice Carnival

For flower parade the seats was worth the price.

I've see the Parade of Lights for free and it was great - from the Albert I garden. It was a lot of fun, and it was better not to have the seats as it was rather cold to seat without any movements.

Please pay attention to the Menton Lemon festival. They have great carnaval too, and it is completely defferent from the Nice one.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for Nice Carnival

Thank you!

I was worried I wouldn't be able to watch the parade during those days without a stand ticket. Maybe I will only pay stand seats for 1 parade. Thanks for the advice and for the website. It has been very useful for me to plan this trip.

Merci

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,398 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice for Nice Carnival

jThe weather will certainly be too cold in February for swimming in the sea, unless something very odd happens with the weather.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice for Nice Carnival

Thanks!

It's hard to think about being in such an incredible beach resort and not being able to swim.

I hope Nice has plenty of activities and place to visit to keep me busy during 2 days.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice for Nice Carnival

you will have no problems filling 2 days in Nice - i have lived in the south of france for 15 years and Nice for 5 years but have only scratched the surface

carnaval is a lot of fun - the main floats stay the same but thew [erfprmers adn groups change between each caranavl event day and night.

i always go to day and night performances -night performances often have fireeated and fire performers and floats look dffernt when lit up

I don't buy tickets and never go to the bataille des fleurs but many folk like being in the stands

if you dress up well in carnaval costune you can be admitted to the paying part free for the carnaval

Edited: 02 January 2011, 14:45
London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice for Nice Carnival

Thanks for the advice.

I have already booked stand seats for 3 days in Menton Festival. I am lucky that Nice festival is at the same time as Menton Festival.I just have to wait a few more days until the tickets go on sale for the general public.

Seems like this would be my best trip ever.

8. Re: Advice for Nice Carnival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2011, 06:26