We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Monaco

Lisboa
Level Contributor
106 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Nice Monaco

Hi everybody,

Can someone tell me if there is train connection with Monaco city?

If so, how long take the trip, how much it costs per person go and return, and if the station is in centre of Monaco. I will be in Nice next September, and I want to go to Monaco just for a day to visit an Exhibition in Forum Grimaldi. By the way, is the Forum too far from the train station in order to walk, or we need to pay for a cab?

Thanks a lot for all informations about.

mach4Lisboa

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,697 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice Monaco

Since Monaco is less than a square mile in size everything is walkable! ;^)

Trains to Monaco from Nice run regularly and cost 6 euros if I remember correctly. Or take a bus for only 1 euro.

Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice Monaco

It's easier to take the bus, get out at Port Hercule, where you can transfer onto Monaco bus number 6, which takes you past the Grimaldi Forum, or number 1 which stops a few hundred yards away.

If you take the train, there are 3 exits to the station, which is underground. You need either the port exit, or the upper exit. From both these points I'd say it's about 15-20 mins walk, depending on how fast you walk. From the port exit, you could cross the road and take bus 6 or 1 as above.

Lisboa
Level Contributor
106 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice Monaco

Hi! good morning,

Thanks a lot for the info. Anyway, wich Bus can I take at Nice and where?

Another question: do you think it's easy or advisable rent a car at the airport on arrival, and stay in a hotel out of Nice in the way to Monaco? If so, is there a place to park the car at Forum Grimaldi or nearby?

All the answers are very welcome

Best regards and thanks once again

mach4Lisboa

Lisboa
Level Contributor
106 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice Monaco

Hi monacoCabbie, good morning,

Thanks a lot for the info. Anyway, wich Bus can I take at Nice and where?

Another question: do you think it's easy or advisable rent a car at the airport on arrival, and stay in a hotel out of Nice in the way to Monaco? If so, is there a place to park the car at Forum Grimaldi or nearby?

All the answers are very welcome

Best regards and thanks once again

mach4Lisboa

Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice Monaco

The bus number 100 leaves from the centre of Nice, between avenue Felix Faure and avenue Jean Jaures, at the end of rue Alberti.

Personally, I don't often hire cars and prefer using public transport, so can't comment on the car rental, but there's a public car park under the Grimaldi Forum if you choose that option.

6. Re: Nice Monaco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 20:18