We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monte Carlo/Monaco/Eze

new jersey
Level Contributor
340 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Monte Carlo/Monaco/Eze

We will be in Nice and already plan on going to Grasse and Antibes.

With that in mind, I am trying to decide to stay the extra day to do Monaco/Monte Carlo/Eze. I cannot seem to get any 'vibes' if it is worth seeing Monaco/Monte Carlo and Eze sounds/looks beautiful but is it similar to Antibes as a medieval village?

Thank you!

Tierra Verde...
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monte Carlo/Monaco/Eze

Together Eze and Monaco are a great day trip match. Eze is all about the view. Yes it is a medieval village, but if you pay the extra few Euros and go up the cactus garden, it is the best view in the riviera (and possible the world). Monaco is more of an experience than too much to see. It is fun just to sit outside at the Paris Hotel cafe and watch the super wealthy go by.

Another great day trip match is combining Eze with Villefranche. Depends on your taste.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,219 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monte Carlo/Monaco/Eze

As ever, agree with CM. Provided the sun is shining you won't find a better view than the one from the top of Eze and the village is not in the least like Antibes. I have been going there at least eight times a year for the last ten years and still find it thrilling. I am not a fan of Monaco but it is worth seeing once. Cap Ferrat/Villefranche are much more baeutiful and spectacular.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monte Carlo/Monaco/Eze

there is no comparison between eze village and old town of antibes ,

Eze village is built on the top of a rocky spike - a place deliberatley chosen to keep the high ground , for defense against invaders -despite no water inside the walls, which shows how desperate people were at the timea Vwery picturesque village and dramatic views

a combo visit to Eze village and monaco is worthwhile -using buses 82 or 112 to eze vilalge and 112 to monaco- any day but sunday or public holiday

Nice has an extensive old town as well- much more atmospheric than antibes old town but without the castle

Edited: 02 March 2011, 22:32
Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monte Carlo/Monaco/Eze

and may be you can ski^p Grasse because it's far and you have similar at Eze with the perfume factory Fragonard

What is your interest in going at Grasse ?

if it's in order to visit a perfume factory, you have excatly the same in Eze, so you will save time

if it's for another reason, why not

but keep in mind, Nice to Grasse = about 1h by car minimum

Nice to Eze = 15/20 min

russia
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Monte Carlo/Monaco/Eze

I will second the idea of skipng Grasse if you do not have any special interest.

Eze is fantastic place and is not top on my list of places to revisit, as the idea to revisit Grasse was not come to my mind.

Singapore
Level Contributor
194 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Monte Carlo/Monaco/Eze

Hi,

My husband & I will be visiting Provence & the French Riveria. We're renting a car & driving from Marseille, making our way towards Nice.

We'll be making Nice our base for a few days & I'd like to find out if we also plan to visit Eze & Monte Carlo, would you advise we return our rental car & take the public transport towards Eze & Monte Carlo instead?

Thanks!

Copenhagen, Denmark
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Monte Carlo/Monaco/Eze

Get rid of the expensive car and use the cheap and reliable public transport

is my advice...

And enjoy your trip!

:-)

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monte Carlo/Monaco/Eze

ahowt - you can visit Eze village and monaco on the same day by bus - as long as you don't go on a sunday or public holiday.

bus 82 or 112 - Nice- Eze village =1 euro

bus 112 - Eze village -monaco=1 euro

bus 100 - monaco - Nice =one euro or you could take train back for 2 euros90

Singapore
Level Contributor
194 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Monte Carlo/Monaco/Eze

Hi there,

Thanks so much for the advice!

We'll take your advice to return the car & use public transport when we get to Nice to visit Monaco & Eze.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,214 posts
1,448 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Monte Carlo/Monaco/Eze

Visiting Eze & Monaco are fab day trips from Antibes & definitely worth visiting.