We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving Saturday!

Seattle
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Arriving Saturday!

I leave for Nice tomorrow morning and arrive on Saturday morning. I know that the weather can change pretty quickly--but if anyone if there right now, can I get a quick summary of the weather? I've been checking the online weather updates, but it's hard to get a sense of what the day-to-day is like. How heavy/light of a coat should I pack for the evenings?? Any other advice?

Thanks much!

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving Saturday!

It has been warm and sunny during the day if in direct sunlight between about 11am and 3.30pm , very cold early in morning and late afternoon - very chilly at night. A coat is essential in shade , morming and night unless you are very hardy.Layers are better- fleece and waterproof layer. Heavy rain is predicted for weekend - which may or may not happen

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving Saturday!

Despite having the best of the weather in all France, the Riviera is still Europe. It is not yet Spring, the weather is always changeable, unpredictable except with hindsight. It's a good wheeze to find out exactly what it has been right now, but unfortunately as regards the next day, that is no better than a guess or the official weather forecast.

Ive finally decided, after a half century of argument, my better half has the best approach. Assume it will be cold and wet, and anything differrent is a bonus. Or do as the French do. Every TV station has a different forecast. Just watch them all and decide which you prefer.

3. Re: Arriving Saturday!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 17:16