We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train des Pignes

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
297 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Train des Pignes

Hey, I'm spending a few days in Nice with my parents. Last time I stayed I took the Train des Pignes towards Digne Le Bain however I couldn't go the whole way and had to come back (long story). I'm considering taking my parents on the train for a day out at Digne Le Bain, however my father has limited mobility (can't walk too far without a break) and I wondered if Digne Le Bain would prove too hilly? Any help appreciated. If not Digne Le Bain could anybody recommend any other stops along the way that might be more suited? Thanks.

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
297 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train des Pignes

Anyone??

London /Nice
Level Contributor
780 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train des Pignes

would not bother with Digne

maybe Annot

or if you want a train to the mountains consider the line from Nice to Tiende

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train des Pignes

The medieval village of Entrevaux is around half way and makes a good excursion. With limited mobility simply pass on the climb to the fortress on top. There is plenty to see and wander around within the village itself.

4. Re: Train des Pignes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 03:16