We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Next week in Nice - Conflicting weather forecasts!

England
Level Contributor
32 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Next week in Nice - Conflicting weather forecasts!

We're visiting Nice for 4 days from Monday, and obviously like to see how lucky we may be with the weather. I use Accuweather here in UK to check out my golfing prospects each week, and they give a horrendous forecast with wall to wall rain:-

accuweather.com/en-us/…forecast2.aspx

However weather.com offer us almost unbroken sunshine:-

uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Nice-FRXX0073

I know we can't expect perfection in forecasting nor total unanimity but this takes the biscuit.

Are there any normally reliable forecasts for Nice or is the weather just that unpredictable?

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Next week in Nice - Conflicting weather forecasts!

who knows- weather has been beautiful for a while but is rainy [light] and gray today . Expected to pick up again by the weekend

Edited: 14 April 2011, 18:00
Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Next week in Nice - Conflicting weather forecasts!

Have a look at the French meteo site:

france.meteofrance.com/france/accueil…

England
Level Contributor
32 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Next week in Nice - Conflicting weather forecasts!

I'll go with the meteofrance one thank you - sunshine!

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,653 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Next week in Nice - Conflicting weather forecasts!

That accuweather forecast seems crazy in the first place-when you go to 'more details' for the individual rainy days next week the forecast turns to sunny all day ( and clear at night).

Continuous heavy rain would be very unusual for the Nice area ( except possibly in the mountains) anyway. Worst in spring is a few showers usually.

Ed

dublin
Level Contributor
69 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Next week in Nice - Conflicting weather forecasts!

Meteo France says lots of rain. I'm flying to Nice on Thursday for 5 nights and taking rain gear with me as I have experienced heavy rain in Nice at Easter before. If you like flowers don't miss the flower festival in Haut de Cagnes over Easter. Details on Cagnes-sur-Mer website. Bus from Nice to Cagnes sur Mer and free navette to Haut de Cagnes.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Next week in Nice - Conflicting weather forecasts!

meto france is now saying sunny showers rather than the storms and heavy rain that was predicted last week - who knows. Weather in nice is not always easy to predict

England
Level Contributor
32 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Next week in Nice - Conflicting weather forecasts!

Got back from Nice 1.00 a.m. Friday morning.

Superb sunny warm weather all week.

My wife wouldn't hear of taking beach-wear - April, you must be mad! - but on Wednesday in Antibes even she was regretting leaving her swimsuit behind as we sweltered on the beach!

London
Level Contributor
35 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Next week in Nice - Conflicting weather forecasts!

Showers today!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Next week in Nice - Conflicting weather forecasts!

It's Spring, the weather is changeable, and weather forecasts on the Riviera are as often wrong as right.

I once cancelled a four day trip to Nice because all the weather forecasts said to expect four days of rain and it turned out completely wrong, the rain never happened, the wind blew the other way, someone else got the rain. It could equally have forecast four days of sun and also been equally wrong.

Treat forecasts with a heavy dose of scepticism, and make the best of whatever you get. You'll know at the end of your trip what the weather was, for sure.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,639 posts
1,877 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Next week in Nice - Conflicting weather forecasts!

Rather a miserable day today with the rain. Got soaked on a trip to Cannes, luckily it cleared up in the early evening.

Apart from today its been wonderful sunny days.