We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around in Nice

Singapore
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting around in Nice

We're arriving in Nice on a Monday and I can't seem to figure out a way to get from Nice-Ville Gare to where we are staying at Rue Barla. lignesdazur doesn't give us an itinerary and while a map tells me it's only a 2km I would like the option of not lugging around heavy bags on the street if possible.. Is a taxi our only option?

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting around in Nice

Tram to stops garibaldi or acropolis

or bus number 30 to Barla/arson

lignesdazur.com/ftp/…29.pdf

Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting around in Nice

Bus number 30 runs from the main station along rue Barla, and depending on whereabouts on rue Barla, there are buses that run close to each end. You could also take the tram and get out at either Garibaldi or Acropolis.

But if you've got heavy bags, if it were me, I'd prefer a cab than negotiating public transport.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,249 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting around in Nice

I rarely use taxis especially in Nice where they are so expensive but as a first time visitor I would advise you to get one. Bus and tram are likely to be crowded and it would be easy to miss your stop and still end up with a long walk. Twenty euro or so for a taxi would be well worth it.

Singapore
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting around in Nice

Hi,

We are also possibly catching a train out of Nice very early at 05h56, will the trams and buses be running at about 5h00? I can't find the opening hours on the Nice tramway page. merci

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting around in Nice

tram starts for direction las planas at 5.10am. passes acropolis stop at 5.21 and garibaldi at 5.23 - gets to gare theirs stop at 5.33am . If you already had tickets you could make it in time provided there were no hold ups en route and you aren't over burdened .The trams are very reliable but not infallible

The following tram would only get to gare theirs at 5.53 which would be too late.

i personally would weigh up the cost of taxi versus ticket options for changing and later train options.

lignesdazur.com/ftp/…29.pdf

6. Re: Getting around in Nice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 18:20