We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

todays weather

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
todays weather

Can someone tell me what the weather has been like today Thank You

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: todays weather

Pretty warm/hot -not much wind compared with yesterday

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: todays weather

The Nice tourist office has a webcam pointing at the beach sea and horizon, that allows you to see what the weather's like in near real time, here:

http://en.nicetourisme.com/nice-s-beaches

If the people scurrying along the Promenade are carrying umbrellas, tells you all you need to know. At 4 pm this afternoon it looked very pleasant.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: todays weather

Also, sometimes you may be fooled on the webcam by some locals wearing jackets etc. Coming from Ireland (with its colder temperatures) I find myself wearing shorts and tshirt when locals are wearing jackets, jumpers etc.

London, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: todays weather

Whilst that is true NI, what I am looking for is people walking under umbrellas - a dead giveaway that its raining - and sun or cloudy sky.

That said, the tourist office appear to have narrowed the view of the webcam recently to eliminate a lot of the sky, I guess to try to prevent a weather check, so I am not as enthusiastic as I was.

However we had some fun recently when I viewed the Prom through the webcam from the UK, while my wife was actually on the Prom - on camera, by the pergolas, and waving we chatted on the mobile. Definitely real time.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: todays weather

NiceLife, I used to watch the webcam every day but I do not like the changes to the website - the user interface was better on the old website. I am a computer scientist and am all for updating websites to give them a new lease of life but I certainly don't like the changes - if it's not broken don't fix it in my humble opinion. I always wanted to try that trick of standing in view of the camera whilst someone I knew watched but your good lady wife Mrs NL beat me to it.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: todays weather

for several years in a row i had such severe thermoregulation issues that i would be sitting on the beach in july/august wearing polartec fleeces and wrapped in a blanket -that must have looked very strange on webcam

hot and sunny today

Edited: 29 May 2011, 13:59
London, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: todays weather

Doesn't look very promising!

Tuesday 31 May 2011

AM Light Rain

PM Light Rain

Wednesday 1 Jun 2011

Scattered Showers

Scattered Showers

Thursday 2 Jun 2011

Scattered Showers

Scattered Showers

Friday 3 Jun 2011

Scattered Thunderstorms

Scattered Thunderstorms

Luckily I don't believe in weather forecasts

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: todays weather

That has pretty much been the forecast for the past several months- but sadly only a tiny amount of rain has materialised

newcastle
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: todays weather

Thats ok I dont get there until Saturday ! Certain it will be better than the UK

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: todays weather

we had only 2 or 3 minutes of heavy rain this evening in central Nice. heavy enough that people went to windows or balconies to look longingly at the rain -then it stopped and dired up . Clouds are thin again

Edited: 31 May 2011, 23:14