We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any...

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Are there any...

24 hour transportation to take to the airport? train, bus, taxi, etc.? Our flight back to the states is SUPER early and I'm used to everything being open 24/7 here in NY, that I COMPLETELY forgot to think of transportation for about 1am for our 6:25 am flight! I'm hoping there is at least a taxi available at that hour!

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any...

Where are you staying in Nice? Nice airport is only a short distance from Nice city centre and thus it is unlikely you will have to leave 5.5 hours before your flight.

Nice, France
Level Contributor
95 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any...

You can get a taxi at any time (though it will cost you). I think the first airport bus s around 5 something am but that early I always take a taxi. If cost is an issue, there are night busses that go to the airport from Monaco, but they are not very frequent

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any...

The timetable for the bus that eternelle refers to can be found here:

cg06.fr/cms/…noctambus_100.pdf

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any...

Nice airport is not very large or far from Nice centre [15 mins or so by taxi] -security and passport lines are pretty short - there is no need to be there hours and hours in advance- there is definitely no need to be there 5 hours in advance

There are taxis 24 hours BUT there are very few taxis for the whole of Nice- about 400 in total - so for early pick-ups its recommended that you reserve on

0899 700 878

When does your airline ask you to check in by ?

regarding buses -

The N100 will not pick people up in central Nice to go to the airport -the last authorised pick up point is now maeterlinck . Also it only runs on thursday, friday saturday and night before a french public holiday

the night bus going in that direction [the N4] from central Nice has a last run at 1.10am

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there any...

I am staying at Hotel Solara in Nice.

How much are taxi's usually if I make the reservation? Would it be too late to make a reservation on 07/07 if I need it for 15/07? We will probably have 2 big luggages and a small carry-on.

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,301 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there any...

Your hotel can take care of the reservation for you.

I would guess an easy 25 euros for the ride (plus any extra for early ride)

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are there any...

Taxi will be in the region of 30-35 euros , it really depends on the traffic on the promenade des anglais, where the taxi is starting from when it comes for you etc

you only need to book the day before , not weeks in advance

Some news reports are suggesting that you should make sure you specify a a taxi if getting a hotel to book for you -otherwise you could get an airport transfer service car which will be considerably dearer

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Are there any...

Thank you! Would 3 hours before the flight(with checked baggage) be an okay time to get there? Or is that still too much time?

9. Re: Are there any...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 June 2011, 02:52
Edited: 13 June 2011, 02:52
Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Are there any...

will you have booked in online? are you traveling to a european hub?