We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with rooftop pool / bar/ terrace

Ridgewood, New...
Level Contributor
100 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels with rooftop pool / bar/ terrace

What are the recommendations for best rooftop pool / lounge terrace areas with nice sea views. Considering the Meridien and the Radisson Blu, would like to be centrally located for a first time visit. Good 3* or 4* up to 200 euro per night. Any more recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels with rooftop pool / bar/ terrace

The Radisson Blu is a good 30-35 minute walk to the city centre (i.e. Avenue Jean Medecin) and is not considered centrally located. I stay in this area regularly and find it is very well served by public transport and the Noctam bus N4 at night (I also like walking). Given its proximity to the centre of Nice most people (not me) consider it to be less than ideal. In the evening you can get a bus into the city centre and stroll home along the promenade at night or take the Night bus N4. If you plan to stay here and do a lot of travelling by bus you can get a weekly bus ticket at the ticket office in the airport for 15 euro. I have no knowledge of the Meridien and cannot comment.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,296 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels with rooftop pool / bar/ terrace

The Meridien hs what you want, and it's close to Vieux Nice and the pedestrian/Place Masséna area. The roof-top pool (extra charge, I believe, even for hotel guests have great views, and the bar is good. Note that the elevtor doesn't go all the way up to the roof.

I think the Radisson is just too far from the center of Nice.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels with rooftop pool / bar/ terrace

I'm not sure but I think radisson or meridien cost more than 200 euros by night

that depend the season but there is not interest to ask a pool in winter ;-)

and the cheaper room will be a street view and not sea view

not a lot of interest to book in this hotel without view ;-)

radisson could be cheaper but it's not in the center

you have also the "grand hotel aston" with a pool on the roof I think but the view is not the best

Ridgewood, New...
Level Contributor
100 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels with rooftop pool / bar/ terrace

Thank you for your replies, we have ruled out the Radisson because of its location although it does look like the nicest pool, still looking at the Meridien and I will check out the Grad Hotel Aston. Thanks!

5. Re: Hotels with rooftop pool / bar/ terrace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 01:17