We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Pebbles -- Specific Apartments?

NYC
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nice Pebbles -- Specific Apartments?

It's been tricky getting good info on Nice Pebbles apartments (I've found a few board posts), so I'm throwing a question out there to see if anyone would like to offer any pros/cons to specific apartments you actually rented? It would be great to have some guidance on some of the actual places (I'm looking at the Vincent, but I'd be open to anything with a/c) in case we decide to go the apt route for our end of Sept/early Oct trip.

www.nicepebbles.com/scripts/property.php…

Kindest thanks for any help or reports!!!

Edited: 13 July 2011, 19:57
66 replies to this topic
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
355 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice Pebbles -- Specific Apartments?

www.lagalere.com

I just moments ago tried to post a review on the apartment we rented in Theole from this company. We rented an apartement in a gated community and it was fantastic!!!!!! Views of the Mediterranean were spectular. We woke up every morning to views of paradise! Two bedrooms, the master bedroom had a french door that opened to the huge terrace. Two bathrooms--one with a huge tub and washing machine. The other with a shower. The second bedroom had twin beds. The kitchen, although small was teriffic. Double oven, dishwasher, stove, large fridge, all utensels included! Huge living/dining room that had french doors opening into the terrace. Clubhouse with great restaurant. Two pools, one salt water, one chlorined water. Quiet. Secure--the security guys were great.

Convenient location, our own parking spot--I cannot say enough about this great place!

NYC
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice Pebbles -- Specific Apartments?

Thanks for the reply, jarona! That sounds fantastic, but unfortunately we won't have a car, and therefore are weighing options between staying in Cannes and Nice--that's another topic though :). Assuming we go the Nice route, we were thinking of renting from Nice Pebbles, since they seem to be well reviewed and offer several apartments in the heart of Nice.

So I'm wondering if anyone has stayed in any specific properties from Nice Pebbles and would like to offer any pros/cons....

Thanks again!!!

Level Contributor
81 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice Pebbles -- Specific Apartments?

Doesnt the specific apartment you are looking at have reviews from previous renters? That, along with some reviews on slow travel Italy, was what we used to decide in renting the Lafayette in September.

NYC
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice Pebbles -- Specific Apartments?

Sure, there are some quotes, but I was hoping for more specific info to help pick a place. Most of the reviews are "great, clean" and things like that (which are good), but I'd love to hear "We stayed at the apartment called the Lafayette (for example), and here's what we liked and hated..."

More akin to the reviews on here for hotels. Maybe I'm just getting my hopes up.

The Lafayette looks beautiful!! :)

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice Pebbles -- Specific Apartments?

Matt & Gayle (Nice Pebbles) are very selective when it comes to which apartments they have on their books so you can pretty much be guaranteed a fab apartment. However, if you have specific requirements I'm sure you'd be able to contact them direct to ask questions.

We stayed in Notre Dame although that's quite a way from Vieux Nice and the Promenade des Anglais when they have so many more centrail apts. to choose from.

South Bend, IN USA
Level Contributor
200 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice Pebbles -- Specific Apartments?

My wife and I have stayed in three different Nice Pebbles apartments, all in the old city, over the years and they were all well maintained and had sufficient amenities. The major difference is location. Our first stay was in their Centrale apartment. The only downside was the street noise as it was above a bar/disco. The next year we wanted a two bedroom and stayed at Fougasse. Kitchen gear was good, not much light, quiet location. For the last two years we stayed in Francois and it has become our favorite. It is on the fifth floor of a walkup, but that keeps us in good shape. The view is great, and the location is wonderful right near the market and the ocean. We are in Nice over Christmas and New Year's so do not know about the a/c.

Nice Pebbles is very professional.

Enjoy,

Neil

Guildford, Surrey...
Level Contributor
252 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice Pebbles -- Specific Apartments?

A belated reply:

I've used Nice and Riviera Pebbles twice, and am going again early October, different apartment each time. Generally good experience with a couple of irritations. In 2009 stayed at the Notre Dame in the Etoile district. Good roomy flat in a quiet side street opposite the Notre Dame cathedral. Good plumbing, comfortable bed, good fridge and freezer. Adequate kitchen equipment. Good security. Complicated tv and wi-fi which neither the rep or me could get working. OK, you don't holiday to watch tv but just occasionally....Last year at the Croix, in the old town, excellent location, pretty good accommodation, big living room with plenty of space, but dim lighting, no good for reading. TV but with no channels I could get, DVD player, but many of the discs wouldn't play, (do you see a theme here!) very good bathroom with modern plumbing. bedroom was very dark and poky, no window, not a room to linger in.

This year I'm staying in the Cheri, Old town again. It's supposed to have wi-fi, but we'll see!!

Hurstpierpoint...
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice Pebbles -- Specific Apartments?

Hi there,

We needed a central location for my husband to do the ironman Nice and the lafeyette pebbles apartment was perfect for that!

We have just come back from our nice pebbles apartment in lafayette and i do agree pebbles only seem to post the complimentary quotes out of the comment book, making it difficult to make the right choice as they only seem to have lovely apartments!! However if we had been forewarned about the size of the lift, for example we may not have chosen a sixth floor apartment!! The lift was far too small to fit our babies travel pushchair in it, which meant that we felt quite trapped up there, as everytime we needed to use the lift to enter or leave the building we had to wake her up by taking her out of the buggy and literally squeezing the three of us in it. There were two couples and a baby in our party and we had to take turns to juggle the shopping bags pushchair and four adults up to the top floor, sending things up in a relay with one person downstairs putting them in while another was upstairs unloading this 2' x 2.5' space inside the elevator! This also meant we had to book the taxi half hour (as suggested by lovely taxi firm who unloaded for us!) early on our return to the airport just to give us enough time to get all the bags down... and its a good job we did as the bike box moved against the consetina door on going down on its own, meaning it was stuck in there and that was the first bag we put in there, so we then had to carry the rest of our luggage, my daughter and buggy down the stairs and all four adults walked two of which were my husbands parents who are 70 years old (one less abled) down six flights of stairs! There is a number on the lift to call out the engineer which the taxi driver was more than helpful to arrange, but he admitted that they were very lazy as hed helped in this situation lots of times at this building and as it was a sunday there was very little chance they would turn up, so he went to a local hotel to get one of their engineers too! Lol it all makes for a very amusing story after the event... But at the time in the heat and with the threat of missing our flights it was not the best end to our stay there and we were very dissapointed that all we heard was the voicemail message from an answer phone (it was 7 am) Im not suggesting pebbles answer calls all night, but... A realiable call out engineer would be an idea! When the engineer appeared he was rude and verbally assualted my mother in law (as they were already downstairs) for putting the bike box in the lift as he said it is too small for such an item, but the caretaker had done this on our way up so we had assumed it was ok and we had only put one item/suitcase in the lift at a time!

There were other comments regarding the lift in the comments book when we looked and we all agreed that this should have been added to pebbles things we hate section on their website!!

So if you are even slightly claustrophobic do not chose this apartment as the lift really will freak you out!!!!!! My husband & i are both PADI advanced scuba divers and have squeezed into some small caves with our gear on but with a baby in your arms this lift felt ten times scarier! (we used Nice scuba whilst there and they were very friendly & professional, some dives were suitable for children and only in the next bay so not a long boat journey! Vis was excellent!)

Dont get me wrong its perfect size for ONE couple with no baby or small children as the second bedroom in the apartment was so tiny that we had to move our bed to open the patio doors to squeeze onto the balcony, which is not 100% safe for children to be on!!!

Also the fridge door fell off while we were there and my husband had to fix it as the lazy engineers never turned up on that occasion!!

There also was no brita water filter as promised but we used bottled water and there were a few things loose in the kitchenette area! (hob moved when you cleaned it)

Apart from that the apartment was clean and the toilet was seperate from the bathroom which is needed if more than one couple are sharing!!!

X Brighton UK x

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nice Pebbles -- Specific Apartments?

I have no experience or connection with Nice Pebbles apart from speaking to holiday makers who have stayed in their apartments who have all said they have been pleased with them -however here are some comments on lifts

It is common for lifts in old buildings in this area to be slightly bigger than upright coffins and require a very close relationship with anyone you are traveling with.

It is also a really bad idea to transport large items, especially items with wheels including baby buggies or prams on their own since they can and often will move and block the lift doors.

Many building regulations do not allow their use for transporting anything but people and small items [shopping etc]

Nice Pebbles will have nothing to do with the choice of call out engineer for the lift- that will be chosen by the building management company and they will not be allowed to get some random lift engineer to do something just to prevent someone missing a flight.

NYC
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Nice Pebbles -- Specific Apartments?

Wow--great information, CloudAngel! Really sorry about all the lift issues. Sounds like the trip was a good one, though. The exact problem I'm having (our trip is now happening this year instead of last year, so that's why I'm back reading my original post) is that all the apartments have good comments on the Nice Pebbles site. I was hoping to have some posts from people who could say Apartment X is good because of this, and bad because of that (basically like what you wrote). We wanted A/C so we were leaning toward the Vincent (again) and also possibly toward the San Diego or, yes, the Lafayette (though the fridge door sounds annoying enough to send us looking for a regular hotel).

Hope the Ironman went well (I'm a road cyclist myself, so much respect for Ironman!)

Reply to: Nice Pebbles -- Specific Apartments?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted