We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St Petersburg
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi

How much to pay from the airport to central Nice if going by taxi?

Regards

Marie

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi

fare depends on exact final destination , time of day , day of week/public holiday, number of bags,,number of people , traffic etc

roughly 30 euros daytime

Edited: 16 July 2011, 21:34
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,140 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi

The airport express bus to Nice on the other hand will cost only 4 euro, and there are a couple of local buses from T1 Airport/Promenade (52 and 59) that will cost 1 euro. You have to decide if paying thirty times as much for a taxi matters. It always makes me smile when I watch people lining up for a taxi.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
7,688 posts
445 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi

We paid about 30 Euro last month for a taxi from the airport to central Nice. Well worth the money for us. After a long Transatlantic flight, we wanted to get to our hotel as soon as possible, and there was no way we were going to deal with dragging luggage onboard a bus and/or rolling suitcases for blocks down the street.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi

Yes, I can see both points of view here. For the fortunate ones like NiceLife and myself we are just a short flight from Nice. I always get the 1 euro buses and prefer to spend my money in restaurants etc. I have never taken a taxi in Nice. It depends on how you feel after your flight and how much luggage you have etc.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi

We are permanent residents of Nice and we use taxis a lot since we don't drive.

If i'm traveling on my own, I take the bus 23 to the airport.

If traveling with my teenagers, i also take the bus to the airport.but if traveling with my husband we take a taxi as he has mobility issues.

Coming home from airport -i take a bus or taxi depending on fatigue levels/time of day

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi

I acknowledge what you say Selkie about the huge price taxi drivers have to pay for their licence etc. However, as far as I am concerned they are way too expensive and are not value for money (especially given the 1 euro bus fare). I would rather stand on a bus than get ripped off for 30-40 euros for a 6k journey. Thankfully, I do not have mobility issues.

London /Nice
Level Contributor
780 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi

I usually bus it on arriving but sometimes cab it back

nothing like waiting 20 mins at the bus stop to get the blood pressure rising

but I cannot see value for money in this trip

8. Re: Taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 03:15