We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Dracoena Nice

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Dracoena Nice

We are planning to stay at Villa Dracoena in Nice next year June2012.Any problems dealing directly with owners & what is the destination like ?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,139 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Dracoena Nice

Looks lovely, at £800+ a day high season I guess it should. Lower slopes of Mont Boron, 15 minutes walkable to Nice Port and (rocky) Coco Beach, not too far to the Carrefour Market supermarket at Mont Boron junction for Nice.

For a beautiful villa like that, location is perfect, you will have a great time.

The other times I read quoted - 5 minutes to Villefranche and 15 minutes to the Airport - that's driving time of course, not walking. Whether you want use of a car is another issue - parking is very difficult in Nice and can be in main coastal towns. You are not far to the 100 bus stop which takes you East to Villefranche, which is the best nearest beach proper

Cant comment on the owners but it looks like a number of agencies list it, so not likely to be anything flybynight. Nice place.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,148 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Dracoena Nice

It is about a kilometre to the port and up a considerable hill every centimetre of the way back. In addition to bus 100, bus 30 passes a little closer and runs until about 6.00pm. After 8.00pm the only alternative to the climb is a 20 euro or so taxi.

We used to own a flat near the villa and I often thought it would be a lovely place to stay. The view is spectacular and it has a nice pool. Sean Connery owns a house nearby and Elton John is a little further away!

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,148 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Dracoena Nice

By the way, it is a very beautiful, mainly down hill walk to Villefranche, taking 30 mins or so. I rarely have a car in Nice but when I do I have always been able to park at the port which avoids the need to drive into the one way streets and 'proceed with caution' combat zone junctions of the city.

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Dracoena Nice

Thanks Nice Life.Much appreciated

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Dracoena Nice

Thanks LondonBob.Much appreciated.

USA
Level Contributor
71 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Dracoena Nice

Anyone end up staying here?

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Dracoena Nice

Staying there in June so hopefully the place is all the site proclaims

8. Re: Villa Dracoena Nice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2012, 10:17