We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cote d'Azur mid to late November for 6 days

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Cote d'Azur mid to late November for 6 days

Hello,

I will be in Nice in mid to late November, and I plan on taking day trips in the vicinity. I would love to visit Saint-Tropez, Cannes, Vence, Eze, Monaco and possibly Corsica or hop over to Ventimiglia, Italy. From what I've been reading, the trains and buses are easy to get around, yes? Just checking since I don't have a license (30s, born and bred in nyc), so driving is out. How easy is it to walk about in these towns, I walk a lot already so I don't tire too easily! Also, I was curious about ferries to Saint-Tropez and Cannes. Are there any lines running since it's the off-season?

And looking at this list now, it seems a bit ambitious since I'll only be there for 6 days and do want to see Nice as well. What should I not miss in Cote d'Azur?

Thanks in advance for your help!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cote d'Azur mid to late November for 6 days

Bus, train and two feet are the best way to get around the Riviera. You are arriving in what is weather-wise the worst of the year - not wishing to put a damper on it, but plan for mixed weather. Forget Corsica and St Tropez. Too far, wrong time of year, the ferries don't run much out of season, and the places are dead if you got there anyway.

Stick to the main sights - Nice, Antibes, Cannes, Monaco, Eze Village, St Paul. By all; means hop to Ventimiglia, but expect things to be kind of slow. Its not quite Christmas.

Let the weather be your guide. Nice and Monaco have a lot to see if its cloudy or rainy.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cote d'Azur mid to late November for 6 days

Thanks for your response, NiceLife. I appreciate your help. I'm actually looking forward to check it out in the off season and the unpredictable weather :)

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cote d'Azur mid to late November for 6 days

I would concur wuth NiceLife. Six days seeing the sights between Cannes & Monaco, you'll be spoilt for choice.

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cote d'Azur mid to late November for 6 days

Re ferry services

The ferry services to the Isles de Lérins ( St Honorat and Ste Marguerite) from Cannes old port run all year round. Well worth the 15 minute ride if the weather is OK

Enjoy

Rochester, Minnesota
Level Contributor
816 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cote d'Azur mid to late November for 6 days

It depends of course on your interests, but if you like art (Cubism, Abstractionism, etc.), Nice (Museums Matisse & Chagall), Antibes (Museum Picasso), Saint Paul de Vence (Fondation Maeght), and Vence (yes, with its Matisse Chapel & the Chagall mosaic in its small church) will offer tons! We used the bus & train to go from Nice to these towns, and it was easy, inexpensive, and completely relaxing. We also enjoyed just gazing at the mix of architecture in the region (mix of medieval, Roman, and Baroque). The open market in Nice at Cours Saleya is also a lot of fun. Tourrettes sur Loup is also very charming, but the bus there runs infrequently. Lastly, take a look at the Lignes d'Azur website to get an idea of the public transportation in the region. This forum is also fantastic, with many, many very kind and helpful individuals who will respond. They helped tremendously last year when we planned our trip.

Safe travels and have fun!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cote d'Azur mid to late November for 6 days

Thanks very much for all your advice and suggestions, this is definitely helping me come up with a manageable itinerary.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,196 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cote d'Azur mid to late November for 6 days

Wait for a sunny day to go to Eze. The essence of the experience is the view and there won't be one if it is cloudy.

8. Re: Cote d'Azur mid to late November for 6 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 00:17