We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local Bus

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
181 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Local Bus

We will only be in Nice for four days in May would like to see villefranche and St Jean Cap Ferrat, does the hop on hop off bus go that far? I know the bus 81 or 100 goes to Villefranche but does it continue on to St Jean? Or would it be possible to take a taxi? Also we don't want to spend that much time out of Nice and miss whats around us so should we go and see Monaco or use our time to see all of Nice? Your thoughts are always interesting, thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,146 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local Bus

You want the 81 for the St Jean Cap Ferrat circuit, or dismount the 100 at "Pont St Jean" . Going by taxi is waste of money, if that matters. Take the 81 to see Villa Ephrussi, and walk back via Villefranche to catch the 100 back to Nice.

Monaco is always a good half day excursion, which can be combined with Eze Village if you juggle the bus timetables right.

Antibes is another good excursion if you have time spare, or depending on when in May, you might be able to catch some of the madness of the Cannes Film Festival.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Local Bus

And if you do want to catch some of that madness (as I did one year) I'd recommend going to Cannes by train.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,216 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local Bus

I am fairly sure that taxis are the most expensive in the world. Nice to Villefranche by the most direct route is about 3 miles and costs around 35 euro. All bus fares, apart from to and from the airport, are one euro.

4. Re: Local Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 22:17