We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where on riviera

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
where on riviera

What wold be the best location to stay on French Riviera in order to explore it for several days? desirably with a good beach

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: where on riviera

By a good beach do you mean a sandy beach?

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: where on riviera

not necessarily, I mean a beach with a good view and not too crowdy

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where on riviera

The travel hub of the Riviera is Nice, frequent connections to everywhere, however it has arguably the poorest beach, unless you are fond of lying on stones. It's a trade-off really. If you want to spend your time exploring the Riviera, Nice is by a long way the best choice. If you plan a beach holiday, go Antibes, Villefranche or Cannes, but travel is much more difficult and you will find yourself going to Nice a lot anyway. It's not abnormal to "want it all", but this is one of those times when, I am sorry to say, you can't have it all.

Edited: 08 December 2011, 08:06
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: where on riviera

Many thanks for your advice! I don't mind stones, as long as the view is good. Do you one a good site to find an apartment in Nice?

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,249 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where on riviera

We like Nice but prefer staying in Villefranche, which has a better beach and safer swimming. For most of the day there are six buses an hour which take about 15 minutes to Nice. Much depends on the time of year. Villefranche is very quiet in the off season but lively enough from Easter to late October.

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where on riviera

I would always opt for Nice since it is a travel hub and your main aim is exploring the area. We would always use www.nicepebbles.com for self-catering rentals.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,503 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where on riviera

go-nice.com has nice apartments AND accepts credit cards, a big plus.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: where on riviera

I second the vote vor go-nice.com

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where on riviera

Yes, Go-Nice also gets very good reviews on TA. I don't recommend them because when I contacted them regarding a long term holiday rental a few years ago they couldn't be bothered to respond. That's all I can comment on.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where on riviera

Hi there

You could try the homelidays website. For an hotel recommendation, we had a lovely stay at the Hotel La Perouse.

Kind Regards

Merran